Light-O-Rama Forums

Plugged or un- plugged

therealbigjim

Just wondering....can the LOR controllers be left plugged in. I go around every night and unplug all the power to my four controlers and plug them the next evening. I guess I am wondering is it harder on the unit to leave it powered up or the enegry spike of plugging it in... no problems yet and my oldest controller is 4 years old.

Leave them plugged in. They use almost no electricity on their own and it will help keep moisture out of the box.

Agreed. Mine stay plugged in from before Thanksgiving until after New Year's. Never had a problem - this is year #6 for the oldest of them.

Thank you for the replies. I will leave them plugged in. I work the afternoon/evening shift and my wife said she could not do everything needed to start up the light show. Now all she has to do is turn on the transmitter.

therealbigjim wrote:

Thank you for the replies. I will leave them plugged in. I work the afternoon/evening shift and my wife said she could not do everything needed to start up the light show. Now all she has to do is turn on the transmitter.

I leave that plugged in too (the transmitter), in addition to my controllers. However I use a mp3 director (rather than computer) so it doesn't broadcast anything when the show isn't playing. So all I have on a timer is my radio sign and mini mp3 director. If using a timer, use a digital timer that you can set to the exact minute rather than a rotary timer.