Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Decorating Contest

Linda

shfr26 wrote:

Way to go Linda!!! Congrats! Your next Bob.

I hope so, Pete. A few have closed the gap on us. We need to keep pushing it :)

So, If ya got a minute, hit that link for me :D

http://live5news.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=V&c=24110&s=6090015&i=1#SD

339 to 147. My ritual in the A.M. is get coffee, log on, vote , go to forums. I can do that for another ten days or so. Just need everybody else to do it and keep you ahead! Good Luck!

shfr26 wrote:

339 to 147. My ritual in the A.M. is get coffee, log on, vote , go to forums. I can do that for another ten days or so. Just need everybody else to do it and keep you ahead! Good Luck!

Our ritauls are identical :) ... Mine was slightly altered this morning when I was video taping @ 6:45am and i noticed the right side of my roof has a bad string :shock: ... Time to climb the roof tonight and make it pretty again. Good thing I had extra :)

And thanks for the vote(s)...The news keeps airing that house with the 147 every night and I've noticed there votes are adding up fast :shock:

I just finished voting for your house again. I don't think you have anything to worry about with as many votes as you have. Your house has twice as many votes as anyone elses. That's great! I finally got the video uploaded of the announcement of the winner of our contest.

http://vimeo.com/

They judged our lights last night. WE WON FIRST. $100.00 cash. I hope to post pictures and video on my web page when I get some that are good enough to post. I can get pictures but getting a decent video has been a challenge for me. I will try again tonight.
Terry

WOW! Linda your prize(s) are great! $1000. Now thats a Christmas present. Better than the Jelly of the month club.... LOL

Excited for you guys!!! Funny they said you won by a landslide, awesome!

Terry Hurrle wrote:

Bob,
You watch the Christmas Classic too huh. I watch that movie every year along with Deck The Halls. Saw a new one on T.V. the other night. Battle of The Bulbs. I enjoyed it.
Terry

Without a doubt Terry! We watch all the same one's too, and yep we saw the battle of the bulbs too ;)

We won 2nd place last year with a Wireless Mr. Christmas unit, but this year the idiots that create the rules have disqualified any previous winners from last year. They NEVER did this before until this year and in my opinion it's not really fair to be "exclusive" in a "Neighborhood Decorating Contest", it's not whether I win or lose, the prize isn't all that great anyhow, just a $50 gift card to Home Depot (1st) and $25 gift card for 2nd place. Which is what we got last year.

It does tick me off a tad, mainly because I spent a LOT of money on 5 LOR Controllers, MP3 Showtime Director and an FM Transmitter, not to mention time, effor and money spent on music CD's for this years display and then be told we're not qualified to enter the contest at the last minute. Made me so angry I just about pulled my entire display down and said to hell with it and the contest organziers.

Personally I am NOT in this for contests or competition, but because I enjoy decorating for the Holidays, the contest is just an added bonus (or was until this year), for over 20+ years they have been holding this contest WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS until this year and until last year, the same person has won it almost every single year too. I'm actually very glad I'm MOVING OUT OF HERE and AWAY from a HOA/(GESTAPO) controlled neighborhood!

Bob Wingert wrote:

Terry Hurrle wrote:
Bob,
You watch the Christmas Classic too huh. I watch that movie every year along with Deck The Halls. Saw a new one on T.V. the other night. Battle of The Bulbs. I enjoyed it.
Terry

Without a doubt Terry! We watch all the same one's too, and yep we saw the battle of the bulbs too :)

Saw that too. That was one psychotic movie, but ended well.:D

• 2 weeks later...

shfr26 wrote:

Well Bob, just voted for the last day, looks like you have a commanding lead. Happy New Year!!!!

Bet your relieved! Have to start a new AM routine now, Pete :)

Thanks for all the support, I APPRECIATE it very much!!

Happy New Year too! Now take your tylenol :D

YAY! Its official. We won our contest!! TY all for the votes! I won't drive you crazy again until next year, LOL. Happy New Year :)

• The topic was locked