Light-O-Rama Forums

Schedule Editor

RaceMedic

Quick Question .....

I have looked and can't find the answer so I am sorry for the simple question.

If I have my show scheduled to run from 6pm - 10pm but want to extend it while the show is playing .... is there a way of doing that without effecting the show.

Last night there were a few cars in front of my home with about 5 minutes to go before it was scheduled to shut down.

Ironically the show finished and before it looped again the cars left but I was just wondering for future reference.

Thanks,

Dave

RaceMedic wrote:

If I have my show scheduled to run from 6pm - 10pm but want to extend it while the show is playing .... is there a way of doing that without effecting the show.

If you open the Schedule Editor and click on the show in progress you can select the edit option and simply change the end time of the show. Save and exit and you're good to go. At least that worked for me last year - I haven't tried it this year yet.

Another option if your fingers are quick enough to keep them from driving away is to click the 'show on demand' command when your original show finishes and select the same show and it will start from the beginning again.

George Simmons wrote:

If you open the Schedule Editor and click on the show in progress you can select the edit option and simply change the end time of the show. Save and exit and you're good to go. At least that worked for me last year - I haven't tried it this year yet.

Thank-you ..... I wasn't sure if going into the software while the show was running would effect the sequence that was currently running !

Dave

• 10 months later...

I have a schedule editor question, I had some shows setup and running and made the mistake one year of running a short intro for like 10 seconds and making that a show rather then using the "start up" and "show" features, now I can't delete the show from the file so every year it's showing up at the same time on Thursday, I deleted the file but it's still in the schedule. Is there anyway to find it and delete it?

I've been trying to locate it in the scheduler but the time frame is so small I can't, and I've been trying every year for about 4 years now.

I'm debating upgrading to S3, but not sure I want to since it still works. I also use a D-Light controller and I'm not positive it'll work with the new LighORama S3 software (if anyone can answer that as well I'd appreciate it). thanks.

go into your LOR Directory..

My Documents>LightORama>Sequences

and just delete your schedule file...(IE: Christmas Schedule.lss)

but you will have to do a whole new schedule...

Guest Don Gillespie

RaceMedic wrote:

Quick Question .....

I have looked and can't find the answer so I am sorry for the simple question.

Last night there were a few cars in front of my home with about 5 minutes to go before it was scheduled to shut down.

Ironically the show finished and before it looped again the cars left but I was just wondering for future reference.

Thanks,

Dave
I never saw this post before but what I did was change the time on my computer takes but a second to do this the show will run untill the time is reached if its ten to ten and I have 5 cars lined up Ichange the time on my computer to say 930 once those people leave I kill my show and reset my computer clock

• 2 weeks later...

I delete the files this time... but it's still telling me I have a scheduling conflict. I'm wondering, if I buy the S3 software, will it still control my older D Light box? I have 1 in my system.

mdhunsche wrote:

I have a schedule editor question, I had some shows setup and running and made the mistake one year of running a short intro for like 10 seconds and making that a show rather then using the "start up" and "show" features, now I can't delete the show from the file so every year it's showing up at the same time on Thursday, I deleted the file but it's still in the schedule. Is there anyway to find it and delete it?

I've been trying to locate it in the scheduler but the time frame is so small I can't, and I've been trying every year for about 4 years now.

I'm debating upgrading to S3, but not sure I want to since it still works. I also use a D-Light controller and I'm not positive it'll work with the new LighORama S3 software (if anyone can answer that as well I'd appreciate it). thanks.

Are you running S1? If not, then perhaps you would get more answers if you were start a new topic.

Please?

Yes, I'm running S1, I can't eliminate a very short sequence that I made years ago and it's stuck in my schedule editor. I'm debating updating to S3 but I have a D Light controller so I'm not sure it's compatible. I would prefer to keep my S1 editor if possible, I just need to figure out how to eliminate this small sequence that's still in there.

You guys are truly customer service oriented, and I salute you. Not only don't I care if there are cars in front of the house when the show is set to shut down, I am usually in bed by 10 PM anyway so I would never know. I have a pact with the neighbors that I will NOT run the show past 10 PM on any night and I intend to keep that commitment. Unless it's the last night of the season, they can always come back the next night.

kellyhaglund wrote:

You can't start and stop a program at the same time. You need to start the next show at 10:01. That's why you're getting a conflict message.

No, I want to clear out the schedule completely so there are no shows at all, then add shows for 2011. I can't eliminate one of the shows though because I made it for something like 6:02:00 - 6:02:30. So it's only 30 seconds. I need to eliminate that show but it's so small that I can't click on it to edit it.

I've deleted every show except for that one.

mdhunsche wrote:

kellyhaglund wrote:
You can't start and stop a program at the same time. You need to start the next show at 10:01. That's why you're getting a conflict message.

No, I want to clear out the schedule completely so there are no shows at all, then add shows for 2011. I can't eliminate one of the shows though because I made it for something like 6:02:00 - 6:02:30. So it's only 30 seconds. I need to eliminate that show but it's so small that I can't click on it to edit it.

I've deleted every show except for that one.

(1) Stop all of your running LOR programs. Not just things like the Schedule Editor, but also the LOR Control Panel (if it's running). The LOR Control Panel is the light bulb icon in your computer's system tray. You can stop it by right-clicking on it and selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from the popup menu that will open.

(2) Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the directory that contains your Light-O-Rama schedule files. This will be one level above the default sequences directory (i.e. the directory that the Sequence Editor will save a brand new sequence file to if you don't specifically tell it to save somewhere else).

For example, if your default sequences directory is C:UsersmdhunscheLight-O-RamaSequences, then use Windows Explorer to navigate to C:UsersmdhunscheLight-O-Rama.

(3) In that directory, there should be a couple schedule files, called "weeksched.lsc" and "yearsched.lsc". Depending upon how you have Windows set up, they may just show up as "weeksched" and "yearsched". Delete those two files.

Your schedule should now be completely empty.

Awesome Bob, thank you so much for your help, that solved my problem. Now I just need to decide how I'm doing my lights before it's too late this year, lol