Light-O-Rama Forums

show startup problem

klomneck

Show ran fine again last evening with the preloaded option and the non LOR filtered cable.

The LOR cable is due here tomorrow. Did not restart computer so will see if show starts tonight as scheduled.

I am having the same problem with the schduled show failing to start. I have been using the same laptop and USB adapter for 3 yrs now with no problems until this year. I also posted to another thread.

I updated this year to Ver 2.8.10, When i mouse over the tray lgt bulb the message is show enabled. When i try to disable the show gracefully or immediate, I get the blank screen pop up and a non responsive program message. After rebooting computer and enabling the show, everything is fine and the show runs as scheduled. Ran the verifer with no problems found. It;s the next time the show is supposed to start, thats the problem. This has been on going since the night after thanksgiving.

Do i need a filtered USB cable? Is that what we are saying is the problem?

If you start up your computer's Task Manager, do you have an application called "LORMonitor" running?

If so, what happens if you stop that application, and then try to enable shows?

I just find it funny that everyone had this problem after thanksgiving. No prior issues bit say its the usb cable. If it was the cable then why did this not happen before. Then I update lor to latest software and no more issues.

My show started on time tonight just as I expected. I had disabled the shows earlier this morning to do some tests and work on my show laptop. re-enabled shows when I was finished with my work.

Sounds like a software issue to me. Just my thoughts on it.

Show started on time last night without computer restart and show ran fine with the preloaded option and non LOR filtered USB cable.

LOR cable arrived today and is in place for tonight.

Staying with the preloaded option and show is scheduled to start @ 5:30 PM EST.

No restart of computer either.

If all runs fine tonight looks like the filtered cable was the key.

Did not touch show computer today. Let's see what happens tonight. HuuuuhP!!!!!! That's me taking and holding a deep breathe.

Well, Friday nights show DID NOT start at all. My wife called me and the lights did not come on. Same symptoms again. Try and bring up log window and get the non responsive error message, which also almost locks up the computer. Had to walk my wife thru the procedure to gets on. Reboot computer, enable shows, ok again.

Got home sunday afternoon, downloaded and installed the latest upgrade 2.9.4

Will monitor for the next few days to see if problem continues or goes away.

First night after upgrade, show did not start. I always leave the log up in the corner of the computer screen. Everything looked normal on the log.I tried to close the log but nothing happened. So I unplugged the USB cable this and plugged it back in. The show started. Do I need the filtered USB cable?My laptop has been sitting in the same spot for 3 years now during the shows. I am going to relocate to see if maybe the garage door is pulling on the USB cable enough to disrupt the connection. Will report back ASAP>

bob wrote:

If you start up your computer's Task Manager, do you have an application called "LORMonitor" running?

If so, what happens if you stop that application, and then try to enable shows?

Yes the application is running. After ending the task "LORMonitor", the light bulb in the tray goes red indicating show disabled. I can then go to the control panel and enable the show as normal. The application is running again as it should.

One note- the show will start tonight since I have disabled and re-enabled the show

I have re-routed my usb/cat5 cable coming from the laptop, it is completly away from any other cabel. So ar show has started 3 nights in a row.

I believe re-routing my usb adapter/cat5 cable has cured my show starting problem. So far no further problems , it's been 5 nights in a row sucessful starts.

My show runs fine for several nights, then all of a sudden in the middle of my show it just freezes. I upgraded to the newest version like suggested and it is still freezing. The only way to get it started is to reboot the pc. Even if I click on disable show it does not respond. I am using a dell laptop. Windows 7, 64 bit 3 ghz duo processor I believe and 4gb memory. I can get more specifics if needed.

I have not tried that. I do have the cable from LOR with the filter. Every time it freezes I try to disable show and it just sits there. It let's me click to disable but the bulb stays blue. I will see what happens next time. I hope I am home when it happens. Last night was very busy with viewers. Thanks for the input. If it starts back up by just unplugging and replugging is that due to power cord and data too close?

Power cord and data cable too close to each other>>>>>ever since I re-routed my USB

cable, my problems have gone away. The show has started every night on time.