Light-O-Rama Forums

Radio Station sign

dkoehler42

dkoehler42 wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
boborino wrote:
You want cheap??? I got cheap! Haven't had time to make one yet, so 450 point font, Microsoft Word, scotch tape and a red flood at night!

I don't know...them 6 pieces of paper probably set you back a few pennies...

and don't even get me started on the ink and scotch tape!!!

Though I guess I could use a few less pieces of tape wrapping that ONE Christmas present I bought for my wife... :P

Ha ha guys. Very funny. You try buying presents for four family members and then drop 400$. I'm just trying to find an effective way to get this done and without completely alienating the neighbors.

Though some humor was intended, that is honestly the front of my house and how I have my sign. By next weekend I plan on either painting one and posting it in the yard by driving sections of 1/2" conduit in the ground and either outlining it with mini lights, or buying a low wattage flood.

This is what my sign looks like. FastSigns did the sign for me a few years ago for $40. I made a quick frame out of 2X2's and a holder to go over the top to hold the spot light. This makes the light shine down on the sign instead of at the sign into the display. I painted the frame red and used silicon to hold the sign into the frame.

Attached files 224465=12430-Sign.jpg

The wood frame is built like a picture frame. just big enough to go around the coro sign. I then used the metal frame that came with the coro sign and attached it to the back of the frame after I inserted the sign into the frame so I can push the sign into the ground. Then I took a piece of 2X2 and made a L shape and attached it to the top to mount the light to it. I also put a piece of 2X2 in the back on a hindge to keep the sign at any angle I want it. The paint I use was a oil based because of the elements of being outside and has held up now for 3 years withou any sign of wear or paint chipping.