Light-O-Rama Forums

How to get visitors?

funnyent

So the news came out yesterday and asked alot of questions. I was wondering if this was a documentary or just a news clip. It lasted like 30 minutes. Its like they never saw such a display before. Was wondering if they ever watch national news? What scared me was he was asking alot of questions on the radio station. What I did to get certified with the FCC. How it works. How I got licensed. Asked how the guy does the radio broadcasts ( Voiceovers by demented elf). How I got approval to use clips from Christmas Vacation and the music. HOw I synced up the Christmas Vacation clips to the lights ect. Kind of freaked me out. I tried to tell him we were hobbyist and we broad-casted under 200 feet. under 1 miliwatt. That you can buy fm transmitters for your Walkman( Dating myself) to connect to your car. We will see today when it airs. I think that is the last time I do an interview. Maybe he was just interested in the display, DONT KNOW.

This is my 3rd year. First 2 years was by word of mouth and our local,(only in our city) TV station came out and videoed my display. This year same word of mouth but I had the local paper call me yesterday and they are coming by to do an article today at 2pm. We have had a steday stream 2-3 cars at all times out there. Probably 40 ish a night nd it is early in the season. A little worried about the next couple of weeks. I figure " If you build it they will come"

friskybri wrote:

So the news came out yesterday and asked alot of questions. I was wondering if this was a documentary or just a news clip. It lasted like 30 minutes. Its like they never saw such a display before. Was wondering if they ever watch national news? What scared me was he was asking alot of questions on the radio station. What I did to get certified with the FCC. How it works. How I got licensed. Asked how the guy does the radio broadcasts ( Voiceovers by demented elf). How I got approval to use clips from Christmas Vacation and the music. HOw I synced up the Christmas Vacation clips to the lights ect. Kind of freaked me out. I tried to tell him we were hobbyist and we broad-casted under 200 feet. under 1 miliwatt. That you can buy fm transmitters for your Walkman( Dating myself) to connect to your car. We will see today when it airs. I think that is the last time I do an interview. Maybe he was just interested in the display, DONT KNOW.

I wouldn't fret it. The guy was probably just curious for their own interests. Being in the broadcast industry, they were probably just wondering how it all came together.

MOST of the time these news stories want you to look good, if a little crazy...

Tim, you were right. It took them a few days to air it. I thought they were so wanting to hose me. Been watching to much 24 lately.
They did mess up on LIghter Rama I said Light o rama.

http://www.centralillinoisnewscenter.com/news/local/Festival-of-Lights-Competition-111496619.html