• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WayneKremer

• rgardner518

• jeffl

• Ed Slonka Jr

Im having the same issues....have turned off all auto updates, screensaver, etc. I updated to the newest LOR software program and it worked well for a couple days. I can't figure out what causes it to suddenly go to "not responding"...seems to be at random intervals. Once I shut down and reboot, all is well...for awhile. Usually it is good until the next night but sometimes it doesn't. It stopped three times last night. Really putting a damper on this season. Hope someones finds a fix soon!

I just down graded to 2.8.8! We will see if this works! It was the last one I know of that worked fine without an issue. We Will see!

UPDATE!

Last night around 10pm, was the first time my show stopped, since I downgraded. I downgraded at 9am on the 24th, and my show runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. But we had a town wide power glitch for a sec or two, around the time it happened. So it may have been from that, and that may have been why it stopped. We will see if it stops again! So far at this point, it has been running fine!

Still any updates as to why we all keep having this stopping issue?

I tried a monster USB cable to see if it would make a difference. No change.

I then tried a PCI USB card and so far after a couple hours of testing it is working. I tried and older PCI USB card earlier in the season and it didn't work.

In the end I can see not all USB ports are created equal, even the ones on PCI cards.

I have my finger crossed this is it.

Since my last post, my Show has has been running 24/7 and it has not stopped! And remember I downgraded to 2.8.8

So I believe there is an issue with the 2.9.4 that a lot of others are seeing too. But LOR does not want to fix, or admit to a problem, they cannot find or fix.

Given this year is almost done and hopefully big changes are in the works I can understand. As much of a pain as it is, Windows XP on an old trusty PC or laptop with one year old LOR software still rules.

I was having crash problems, then I took someones advice and got a USB cable with one of those (I think they call it a ferrite bead to reduce interference) and I have not had any problems since. I'm not sure if I'm just lucky or not.

Rob