Light-O-Rama Forums

Is your Display Operational? - post Links please

KenL_MCSE

[align=left]Here are 6 of my 2010 LOR Computer Controlled Christmas Display, now on YouTube (see titles and links below). I am using 10 songs and show runs about 31 minutes.

These are RAW, UNEDITED videos uploaded to YouTube, so the quality is not as good as a regular video camera may take. The colors are not as well defined as I'd like either, seems a lot of the multi-color strings appear as white in some of the videos (mostly in the bushes).

[/align]

I had my multis appear white in my video as well. However, I am only using a Kodak digital camera on the video setting. I am going to try and borrow my friends HD camcorder to get some really nice videos done.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• doug petschke

• Kevin Holcomb

• rgardner518

• dvc92

Kevin Holcomb wrote:

I had my multis appear white in my video as well. However, I am only using a Kodak digital camera on the video setting. I am going to try and borrow my friends HD camcorder to get some really nice videos done.

I have a suppsoedly Kodak HD camera (Zi6) as well, but it actually took WORSE videos than my Nikon!:shock:

At least the Nikon has a settings area where I can change things to try and make photographs or videos a little better, whereas the Kodak has no changeable settings at all except for "camera icon" = Stills, VGA = 640x480 VGA video, HD and HD 60 video options. No other settings on the Zi6, which is why I rarely, if ever use it. I hate the thing and stick to my Nikon. I keep hoping I can find a way to set it up in the settings area to get better video with true colors instead of the light glares and multi color LED's coming out as white. Still experimenting with the Nikon, hopefully I'll find something that works!

csimmon5 wrote:

Youtube blocked my TSO songs....here is the Vimeo link to my vids:

http://vimeo.com/user2723843/videos

I just wanted to let everyone know that if you want to post videos on YouTube that get blocked, you can go through the dispute process. It only takes a minute or two. This video made by someone else shows the steps. My video was made available in about twelve hours, so not too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOEZk4XrNvw

Hope it helps others to get their videos up on YouTube!

• The topic was locked