Light-O-Rama Forums

Please Help!!!!!!

Dale Gannon

Hi all, Can someone please HELP!!!!!! I have got 2 CCR'S and once connected and daisy chained when the sequence runs they seem to mis-fire! The pixels turn all different colours and i have no idea how or why this is happening! I have tried different Cat 5 cables Please help!

Cheers

Please provide more info... What are your settings on your CCRs... When you say "Dasy Chained" are the CCRs chained from one controller or 2 CCR controllers chained together with Cat5 cable... One thing to try is power up the CCR while pressing the red reset button... Do each controller have a different Unit number?? Do they work correctly if you only have one connected... Are you using Macros???

I'm having the same issues. I've got my 2 controllers attached to each other via ethernet cable, and those are connected to another controller via ethernet as well. One of my ribbons works perfectly fine while the other one has random colors show up, and weird ghosting when filling from one end of the controller to the other. When I swap the controllers, the ribbon with issues works, and the other one starts acting up. I think its related to my controller. I'm not sure what the issue is. I think I'm going to try to update the firmware on the controllers and see if that helps. My show was supposed to open tonight, and I'm not sure I'm going to make it as I have to work. Anyone else got any ideas? I do use macros, but I've gone through the programing and everything appears to be done correctly. I also think that things must be working correctly since when I swap controllers it works fine. Thanks.

When using macros you should be careful about which event is first. If you have the RGB start before the macro command...the CCR sees this as a command to turn on the entire ribbon... then a fraction of a second later you set the macro commands and ribbon goes blank and starts the sweep. This will look like a stray flash.

Review your sequence and be sure you set the macro commands first and then your color.

This info is under "Caveats" in the macro manual on numbered page 16. (page 8 of the pdf file)
http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/CosmicColorPixel_Man_Web.pdf

Hey Dale
You can call me if you want. International call.

Everyones CCRS are daisy chained. So I don't really know what you are trying to explain.

Maybe you can send me a sequence to look at.

Dale Gannon wrote:

hi there , i tried to upload my sequence but it said that it exceeded the limit? what is the difference between legacy and normal mode on the config screen?

You want normal. Legacy means only 16 channels per unit id.

On the limit...you were trying to email it to me right?
I will send you a FTP upload password.

Dale

I revised the sequence you sent me just a little and sent it back. You had a fade of 0% to 1% in the resolution channel. It was very close to working but you cant see a number that small unless you hover over and have the tips on.

For regular 50 channel programming this should be 50 OR if you have your default channels set to 50 in HWU it can be blank/off/zero.

On the sections you are using macros you can put 1 in the resolution to use just the first RGB set.

Sure But it has to be the 20 second version until later.

The CCR has settings which are not light 'intensities'.
They are more like numbered commands. But in the LOR Sequnce editor you send the commands using the intensity tool.

You just need to understand how to set the intensity tool options. The 3 vertical bars with a question mark icon
will open the intensity settings. Click EDIT to change your 10 options. Whichever of the 10 options you have selected will be the value placed in the cell when you have the intensity tool selected.

Repeating some text on the resolution channel.
For regular 50 channel programming this should be 50 OR if you have your default channels set to 50 in HWU it can be blank/off/zero.

On the sections where you are using macros you can put 1 in the resolution to use just the first RGB set.

Also.. I noticed in your sequence that you had used macros but they were a very short duration as they come from MacroMaestro. MM just creates a sample of 5 timing marks. If you want it to be longer duration you must repeat (copy and paste) the values out.

• The topic was locked