Light-O-Rama Forums

2 of my 9 Enclosures are Tripping the GFC

jimswinder

I was standing outside in a light drizzle watching the lights last night. A very young boy decided he would run in around my arches. I was concerned about the possibility he could get shocked and promptly told him he needed to stay behind the barriers.

I spent the next 10 minutes hoping he would comply with my request. But it did make me feel better to know that the circuits were protected with GFCIs just in case I missed him trying to go back into that area.

If running displays without GFCIs would only place the person who made that decision in danger I would say go for it. But when you make this choice, you risk the safety of others.

Sorry about your tree Jim. Hopefully you can get it back together.

Max-Paul wrote:

BTW what was your mast made of? The good of it is that you can help teach the hive what not to use.

Bottom 13' of the mast was 2-1/2" aluminum...top 10' was 2" aluminum, with 3' of it going into the 2-1/2" mast.I had a collar welded onto the 2" mast 3' up so it only slipped into the 2-1/2" mast that far. And that's where it broke.

Funny..as I am typing this we are watching Lampoons Christmas Vacation....where he is just starting to put up the lights.

Oh the irony!!! lol

Oh, and I figured out my GFI problem lying in bed last night. I had added some strobe lights to my mini trees by putting the strobe thru a piece of sheet metal (that was attached to the top of the mini tree) and screwing it into the C9 socket...apparently the metal part of the strobe was grounding out thru the mini tree mast into the ground and faulting the GFI...

Max-Paul wrote:

Sorry to see your tree has died Jim. Oh well, hope you do get it back up. Just use something a bit more heavy duty. BTW what was your mast made of? The good of it is that you can help teach the hive what not to use.

Best of luck and we will be in mourning of your weber tree for 3 days. Then the teasing will begin. B)

I can't wait 3 days ..... remember the 3 little pigs story?

ok ok actually sorry bout that jim had to of been the tree huggers that took your tree down