Light-O-Rama Forums

Going Live Tonight

Guest Guest

48 minutes into the first night and so far so good. Only one noticeable section of lights out... it's at the top of our 15' tall, 35' long mega arch... of course. :D

Good luck everyone! cheers.gif

-Jeff

We've been ripping through new songs for the last 30 minutes. Everything is good... real good. No lights out and only one arch damaged with all the ice we had here. And that damage is one half of a set out. I'll fix it on Saturday. Traffic is slow - it's about +3 degrees right now but everything looks super! Definitely worth waiting 11 months for!! Yee-Hah!!

I had a crowd of about 30 people...though our OFFICAL lighting is Saturday.

To say the least I have a LOT of work to do before then.

Multiple strings not working, some plugged in wrong, a LOT of sequencing to tweak and the worst...I have two Enclosures that keep tripping the GFC.

See my post about it here:

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum76/24430.html

I had a crowd of about 30 people...though our OFFICAL lighting is Saturday.

To say the least I have a LOT of work to do before then.

Multiple strings not working, some plugged in wrong, a LOT of sequencing to tweak and the worst...I have two Enclosures that keep tripping the GFC.

See my post about it here:

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum76/24430.html

My daughter and I thought we would go live tonight but we had one box controlling our 8 3 foot tress that kept tripping a gfi. So we will go out Friday and try drying everything out after the mega snow fall we had here in the pacific northwest. Good luck to everyone else....

I'm happy to report that almost everything went as planned. I saw a couple sequences that need a bit of massaging and one of the mini trees next door has a white set of lights not lit tonight. That's it. Definitely an "A" here also. Now if we can just get the temps up into double digits...

reitan_family wrote:

My daughter and I thought we would go live tonight but we had one box controlling our 8 3 foot tress that kept tripping a gfi. So we will go out Friday and try drying everything out after the mega snow fall we had here in the pacific northwest. Good luck to everyone else....

If your trees are metal and sitting on the ground, they are probably leaking a bit of current to ground. Each tree doing this singly isn't a problem... the problem is when you have lots of them doing this. The sum of the current between all the trees adds up until the GFCI trips(like it's supposed to do).

The fix, you can just get 2"x"2 furring strips and set the trees on those or you can try spreading the trees out between different controllers(thus you're spreading out the "leaking current").

I do the furring strip solution on our 16 2" trees as seen in the front of this picture...
http://www.mainelights.org/2009DaytimeChristmasLights/tuneto949fm.html

Good luck!

My show started at 5pm and was running when i got home at 6:30.Mp3 director worked like a charm.Had about 30 cars with a few of them staying for 20 minutes+

I was pleased I had 4 cars at once. I would say about 15 from what I saw total. I was pleased. I can see from last year the traffic picked up in the second year of doing this.

Fired it up at 5:45 (Turkey Day) ... People were standing and waiting. Was asked 1000 questions..How did you, How long, How many lights. The only thing I didn't take with me was a sharpie to sign autographs :D

EVERY comment was "this is beautiful" - Amazing - Fantastic - Love it. Really made me feel good as a newbie that I pulled this off.

Congrats to everyone that launced yesterday or this coming weekend. My wheels are soooooooo turning already for what I can NEXT year.