Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP! All CCR LEDS are on except first set

mcompanik

I think I saw this sometime before, and I can't find it now. I have my CCR connected and all of the sets of LED's are lit except for the first set (pixel?). I have tested the unit when I first got it, and it worked fine, but now that it is in its place for my display, it won't work. I have tried to use the reset button, and also tried to reassign the unit ID. Please help. The display powers up on Thanksgiving night. Also, please send as many solutions as possible. I may not be able to answer tonight because I have to gop to work soon, and won't be able to try your solutions until tomorrow.:D

Interesting, I just came on line with the same problem. I put in a support ticket for this, as I think the seal where the wires come in is not good. There looks to be some water droplets inside the CCR. Until I here back from Light-O-Rama I am trying to dry it off by placing it over the register.

It appears you may have damaged the first pixel of the CCR. I have seen this after my son sat on the strip, the strip stays on after that damaged pixel. If i give that pixel a bit of a touch it comes good again.

For me i just removed and replaced the pixel as i was using my CCRs in a matrix so each CCR was only using 48 pixels so i had 2 spares.

You could just either cut out the damaged pixel, attempt to solder the bad connection or see if you are covered by warranty

Thanks, I got a reply from the support team and they are sending me a replacement (purchased this CCR a few months ago). As I look at the first circuit, there is clearly water in the tube, so it has to be covered by the warrenty. Only question now is how fast I can get the replacement.

mcompanik wrote:

I think I saw this sometime before, and I can't find it now. I have my CCR connected and all of the sets of LED's are lit except for the first set (pixel?). I have tested the unit when I first got it, and it worked fine, but now that it is in its place for my display, it won't work. I have tried to use the reset button, and also tried to reassign the unit ID. Please help. The display powers up on Thanksgiving night. Also, please send as many solutions as possible. I may not be able to answer tonight because I have to gop to work soon, and won't be able to try your solutions until tomorrow.:(

At least its not one in the middle! The other 49 can be controlled right? You should certainly check with LOR support. Luckily I have never had to, but they will help you figure a solution. But until then it sounds like it will be ok with just the first pixel dark.
How is it mounted? Did you twist it much? The cable ties should be over joints and not on top of any chips.

The other 49 can not be controlled. as soon as I plug the unit in, all of the pixels light up except for pixel 1. If I run a sequence, the only pixel that acts properly is pixel 1, all the others are fully lit.
I have it as an arch that is 16 feet long, and about 8 feet wide. I have the zip ties at the cut points, and not over any chips.

mcompanik wrote:

I think I saw this sometime before, and I can't find it now. I have my CCR connected and all of the sets of LED's are lit except for the first set (pixel?). I have tested the unit when I first got it, and it worked fine, but now that it is in its place for my display, it won't work. I have tried to use the reset button, and also tried to reassign the unit ID. Please help. The display powers up on Thanksgiving night. Also, please send as many solutions as possible. I may not be able to answer tonight because I have to gop to work soon, and won't be able to try your solutions until tomorrow.:(

I had the exact same problem except I didn't put out in my display yet. Mine was just sitting on my end table next to me while I was programming and was working fine when I went to bed. The next morning I started setting up to start programming again, as soon as I plugged in that ribbon, pixal one was off and the rest were on.

When I inspected the ribbon closely I thought my daughter dog had chewed on it and of course Light-O-Rama said they couldn't help but suggested I cut off pixal one and just use 49. I carefully sliced the back of the ribbon hoping to fix whatever damage the dog may have done. When I got it open it surprised me to find that what I was seeing from the outside was silicon particles(not teeth marks) and air pockets in the silicon(not saliva) so the dog did not chew it after all.

Anyway, I informed Dan of my findings and they sent me a new ribbon, since you live in Connecticut it shouldn't take as long to get you a new one, I think it took about five days for me but I'm in California. GOOD LUCK

• The topic was locked