Light-O-Rama Forums

Creative Suggestion request

boborino

jimswinder wrote:

Linda McDonald wrote:
Brian Mitchell wrote:
how about...

Just showed your picture of the candy canes to my DH and told him that this is what I wanted him to do with the box of candy canes that we haven't used yet. He wants to know how you did this.

there's that DH again...is it Divorced Husband???

No.... I think you got it right the first time.

boborino wrote:

... I've thought of a large wreath, stars, or even suspending  1/2 of a mega tree attached to the house itself...

I'm actually building a 1/2 mega tree to hang on the house. Won't have it up until next week (fingers crossed) if you want a picture let me know.

Actually.. my neighbor talked me into building one too. 1/2 a tree hanging against the house from the upstairs window. Just got back from Walmart with 75 new strings. I'm only using 48 on the tree, adding 24 to the mini trees. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Thanks everone for the great suggestions. Now.. back to sequencing!!

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Bob-O.. needs a mega tree just to the right of the blank window..

Just because you said so!

Attached files 222444=12306-megatree.jpg

Here are the 42" mini trees I've been working on. Gotta build some wooden stands to mount them on, then on to the yard! I have 8 in all, 3 colors, 300 lights per color.

Attached files 222446=12307-minitrees.jpg

• 1 year later...

I finally got our Candy Cane Pinwheel done! 5 channels right now. 100% LED. Added a snowflake to the center.

We mounted it on 9 1/2" ft electrical conduit that my DH pounded about 12 inches to the ground. We have bungy cords extended from the front and the back of the frame. This thing isn't going anywhere!

IMG_3462.jpg

First I added secured the candy canes to the snowflake with electrical tape and tie wraps. Then we mounted it on the PVC frame I had my DH build. Had him drill holes through the PVC to put the tie wraps through. Here's the back:

IMG_3461.jpg

Thanks Dan for putting the Candy Cane Pinwheel prop out there. It will be so easy to add more channels to this when the new controller comes!

Linda