Light-O-Rama Forums

Creative Suggestion request

boborino

I thought I'd poll some of the most creative minds in christmas displays for some suggestions to fill a gap in my display. This is a screenshot of my LOR animation screen. Yeah, it's pretty crude, but it does the job for my sequences. Anyway, you can see that on the house itself, there is a large hole on the front. My wife and I have been trying to come up with something to fill it. I have 16 channels available for something. I've thought of a large wreath, stars, or even suspending 1/2 of a mega tree attached to the house itself. Looking for other suggestions.

Be Creative! :)

Just for clearification, there are 4 arches. 8 - 3 color mini trees under the arches, 3 colors of netting on the bushes, icicle lights (garage, then house), strobes in bushes, 1 lone real (short) tree in the yard. I generally have a frosty blowup and about 5 spiral trees (but those keep blowing over so I probably won't put them out this year)

Attached files 220666=12232-2010house.JPG

Thought bout that.. but I'm thinking the 6 on the bay (3 up and 3 down) might be a bit much. I wouldn't mind doing the two 6ft ones, but I was afraid the 6 opposite them might overwhelm them.

boborino wrote:

Thought bout that.. but I'm thinking the 6 on the bay (3 up and 3 down) might be a bit much.

a bit much???

can that happen with Christmas Lights?? :)

Another option is 3 color strings going vertical on each angle of you bay (4 angles) going from roof to ground, with a medium size 3 color wreath in the middle between the middle windows on the bay. This would be a fairly easy approach.

Yep surfer.. I've thought of getting ropelight and hanging as you suggest. I've already got the white left over from Halloween, wonder how fast I could get the red and green ropelight shipped?

pokrplr wrote:

Since your stumped, just send me the controller, I'll even pay for shipping :dude:

Sure... only $235.00 for shipping. Sound fair?

Hey.. what are you using for what looks like snowfall on the peak of your roof? I love the blue icicles, great color! LED I assume? What brand are you using?

boborino wrote:

Hey.. what are you using for what looks like snowfall on the peak of your roof? I love the blue icicles, great color! LED I assume? What brand are you using?

You mean around the gutters? If you watched the video, its probably

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LED-Shooting-Star-Light-String-Set-of-8-Icicles-Cool-White-Color/12164854

The LED icicles came from CDI this year, they are the 70ct C6. They are wicked bright.

Brian Mitchell wrote:

how about...

Just showed your picture of the candy canes to my DH and told him that this is what I wanted him to do with the box of candy canes that we haven't used yet. He wants to know how you did this.

Linda McDonald wrote:

Brian Mitchell wrote:
how about...

Just showed your picture of the candy canes to my DH and told him that this is what I wanted him to do with the box of candy canes that we haven't used yet. He wants to know how you did this.

there's that DH again...is it Divorced Husband???

Next year Teeg, next year. Gonna look for those after christmas sales and try to make it with all LED's. Can't just throw one up. Neighbor down the street has two beautiful 20ft ones. Darn he set's the bar high :)

Linda McDonald wrote:

I bought some garden fencing from Home Depot for the grill work. Seperated them, turned them and zipped them together. Then simply zip tied the canes onto the grid in the correct positions.

Attached files 221889=12280-IMG_0577.JPG