Light-O-Rama Forums

Can I use LOR Software with this device?

m00c0w25

Hi,

I purchased the RSC165 control box and MR16 color changing LED lights from Affinity Lighting in Taiwan (please scroll down to see the product http://www.affinity.com.tw/led8808.html there is more information towards the bottom of the page describing the box). I want to know what type of software I can use to create custom light shows and lighting effects. The site says the inputs are USB or RS485 and the protocols it handles are LEDwizard or DMX512. Will the LOR software work with this device? If not, can you provide me with software that will? I cannot find anything about LEDwizard and a google search only yields an add on to software that allows you to create signs, not program lights. Thoughts?

This box is small and does NOT have a DMX connection, only USB or RS485 (and Infrared for the remote I have with it, but that just changes everything at once). Please take a look at the product at the link and let me know your thoughts. I would like to create custom light shows and effects to music or just for mood for parties (these lights will be my garden lights).

Thank you!
Matt

m00c0w25 wrote:

Hi,

I purchased the RSC165 control box and MR16 color changing LED lights from Affinity Lighting in Taiwan (please scroll down to see the product http://www.affinity.com.tw/led8808.html there is more information towards the bottom of the page describing the box). I want to know what type of software I can use to create custom light shows and lighting effects. The site says the inputs are USB or RS485 and the protocols it handles are LEDwizard or DMX512. Will the LOR software work with this device? If not, can you provide me with software that will? I cannot find anything about LEDwizard and a google search only yields an add on to software that allows you to create signs, not program lights. Thoughts?

This box is small and does NOT have a DMX connection, only USB or RS485 (and Infrared for the remote I have with it, but that just changes everything at once). Please take a look at the product at the link and let me know your thoughts. I would like to create custom light shows and effects to music or just for mood for parties (these lights will be my garden lights).

Thank you!
Matt

I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed! But I have looked over everything they have to offer in reguards to the RSC165. And I find no way to make it work with a lor controller. The controllers are designed to turn on and off by command. ie:fade, dim, twinkle, flash, shimmer. They are all on/off type of commands. It appears you need something else to make the units "change" colors. I believe.

But anyone, Correct me if I'm wrong!

Plus I don't know why anyone would buy that. The user friendlyness, does not appear to be there. And if you need any parts or tech issues, I know I don't want to have to "Email or Call", overseas. LOR is right in NY!

I think I speak from EVERYONE, LOR's customer services, is by far more superior than anyone one else can offer. They really know how to stand behind a product, "they" believe in!

But good luck!

Thanks for your reply! I didn't know LOR even existed when I bought these lights a year ago or so. I was really just looking to put in landscape lighting when I saw these color changing MR16 LED replacement bulbs. I figured I would just set them all to one color or another depending on what was going on (holiday, party, etc) since it is my back yard and it is fenced in. Then I saw the control box and figured, hey it would be cool to sync this to music for parties and such, or even just have it repeat a color change pattern around the yard. I had no clue anything like LOR was available or I would have gone with that to begin with, especially since it is domestic!

It is too late now though, so I am just trying to figure out a way to program this controller, I guess I won't know until I actually hood up the lights. Thanks for your help and anyone else who has any thoughts please feel free to chime in!!

Thanks,
Matt

• The topic was locked