Light-O-Rama Forums

Almost ready YAAAY

doug petschke

This looks great! I wish I could start setting up for this year, but the family won't let me, a couple more weeks....

jem5136 wrote:

This looks great! I wish I could start setting up for this year, but the family won't let me, a couple more weeks....

Disown them! We are 99% up and ready. So far its taken 9 days. Waiting to TG would be too late as we would only have a few weeks to enjoy it.

You need to sneak outside tonight and get it going ;)

I have tried but they just won't give in, and being I'm only 16, I have to choice but to listen to them. Last year I had a almost everything up by now, but not this year.

jem5136 wrote:

I have tried but they just won't give in, and being I'm only 16, I have to choice but to listen to them. Last year I had a almost everything up by now, but not this year.

Wow...a 16 year old that listens to his parents?!?!?!? :D

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

jem5136 wrote:

Wow...a 16 year old that listens to his parents?!?!?!? :D

I'll trade my 30 year old for you at least you listen LOL you must be a good kid and by the way Doug your display looks good

I listen to my parents...most of the time! Without them I wouldn't have all the stuff that I have, so I try to be a kid from time to time.

jimswinder wrote:

jem5136 wrote:

Wow...a 16 year old that listens to his parents?!?!?!? :)

WOW I thought the stop listening to the parents as soon as they turned 13.

{mine are 25 and 21 and they still listen even tho they are bigger than me}

Thanks Don,

Unfortunely I had to cluster it closer to the house because last year snow was soo deep i had to have a person come in and plow and they plowed my lights and snow runined a few candy canes and several strings of lights i had on the border. I sill have a bunch of white strings left any suggestions?

Larry Leonhardt wrote:

A kid that listens to there parents, and likes to put up Christmas lights? We should all be that lucky....

My mom likes Christmas, but my dad doesn't so I'm kinda rebelling against him.

Doug, I think maybe putting some of those white lights up on the roof would look cool. It is completely up to you though. But your display really does look good.

I know one thing, the guy who invented the light keeper pro... he da man. i saved myself a lot of headaches and money. i fixed like 15 strings so far

I also auto corrected the lighting this pic looks better

Attached files 220572=12229-2010 christmas lights 001-1

I know one thing, the guy who invented the light keeper pro... he da man. i saved myself a lot of headaches and money. i fixed like 15 strings so far

I also auto corrected the lighting this pic looks better

Attached files 220573=12228-2010 christmas lights 001-1

good morning Doug, i know you said you only have one controller so my question is how many channels for the megatree it looks like there are no strings in the front perhaps double up the light strings on the tree with your extra lights and just use the same amount of channels. or a couple of big snow flakes or stars on the roof would also look good, just some suggestions since you ask. and yes i forgot you were out in the Malcolm area i live at about 20 and cornhusker so not to far apart,looks good hope to meet up with you again

who had the light keeper pro?

Display looks great! I hope you'll post a video of it. I am starting with 16 channels this year. I have borrowed some sequences and altered them to fit mine, but I have done some of my own as well. I will put some videos out as soon as I get everything up and running.

I'm only 12 and i try to bribe my partents into doing the things for my light display(almost never works!) I have been setting up for almost a week now and have bought over 2000$ in new LEDs(my parents say its my christmas gift) and now a new computer because my mom droped my laptop(no usb ports work and the display is cracked!) Also, my dad hates the display and my mom makes him help me. (the pic that is attached is last years display(mega tree is on the left side of yard and not visible in the pic(everything i build myself and put up myself!)

Attached files 221551=12269-xmas 4.jpg