Light-O-Rama Forums

1602mp3 won't start on it's own

screensaver

I loaded my show onto the sd card with simple show builder then set the time on the card with the hardware utility. The show never starts unless I hit the reset button but it DOES shut off on time. After the program ends,a short time later the red light to the left of the flashing yellow lights up solid and I have to hit reset to start the program again the next day. Any guesses as to what could be wrong?

grizzly123 wrote:

I loaded my show onto the sd card with simple show builder then set the time on the card with the hardware utility. The show never starts unless I hit the reset button but it DOES shut off on time. After the program ends,a short time later the red light to the left of the flashing yellow lights up solid and I have to hit reset to start the program again the next day. Any guesses as to what could be wrong?

I think the first thing to try ( if you have not done so allready ) is to update the firmware: http://lightorama.com/Firmware.html

Dan

Thanks Dan...which update should I use?. I want to be careful as it says wrong firmware could render you controller useless . I was thinking DC MP3 4.20.lhx file is that correct?

grizzly123 wrote:

Thanks Dan...which update should I use?. I want to be careful as it says wrong firmware could render you controller useless . I was thinking DC MP3 4.20.lhx file is that correct?

Yes that is correct. In general you cannot get the wrong firmware into controllers unless someone goes in and modifieds the firmware file. We do have a number of warnings about firmware upgrades but they are there mostly to keep people from "playing around";)

Dan

Why not set the time with the SSB, the time screen pops up right after adding the sequences. If you are setting the time in the hardware utility, I'm not sure but I think you need to "write" the time setting to the SD card (i.e. add a sequence in the hardware utility, set the time, and then "write" to the SD card) It worked for me that way, but I may be wrong. I think the show schedule has to be written to the sd card for it to work, and by adding you're sequences in the SSB, then using the hardware utility to set the time, you are bypassing writing the "time" to the sd card. Hope this makes sense, and helps,

Bill