Light-O-Rama Forums

Video Pojection

t.vanhouts

Hi,

For this year i wanna do some videos in our front yard. Has anyone some ideas how to make a round projector sreen for projecting from behind. The viewing site i don't want it to be white because thats to bright. I want to make it black but i don't know what to use for it.

The screen i want to make has to we round with some decorations around it. It will be put in the middle arch. That means that the projector will be put outdoor in a waterproof closure. For photo's of my little garden you can check our new website.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks.

i use a product from dazian fabrics called "trapeze" projection material I paid them to stitch it into a 8ft diameter circle then i can stretch it to fit my 12ft wreath.

www.dazianfabrics.com

here is a description from their website:

Trapeze Plus™ (Stretch Fabric) – Front & Rear Projection
Dazian developed a unique stretch fabric screen material that is both a front and rear
projection surface. It’s widely used in rock concerts, trade shows, TV award productions,
stage, film and DJVJ productions. The characteristic that make it so versatile is the 10 foot
wide width that stretches up to 14 feet for an extra large seamless viewing surface. Trapeze
Plus™ allows for easy up and easy down installation. If you are on the road, pull it out of the
bag, stretch and hang it with no wrinkles. Trapeze Plus™ is washable and inherently fire resistant.]

Something that I have been using the last couple of years is 3 mill clear plastic for my Halographic Santa display. I have had many people tell me that they had no idea that it was projection they thought that I had dressed up as Santa Clause.

It is quick simple and inexpensive to use. I have posted a video of the display.

kel wrote:

Hi

Perhaps this site may assist you >>> http://www.nevadachristmas.com/Index.htm one of the best descriptions :)

I think that most use backlighting rather than exposing your projector to the elements ...

Anyway, check out the above site ... the guy knows what he is doing!

Cheers

Wayne Kremer uses the exact same material and from the exact same vendor I have described

• 1 month later...

This you tube video I did of my display from a couple of years ago.

I use plastic on my window with a video projector for the effect with a DVD player on continous loop. I still get a lot of comments about it and the kids love it. Adults are never quite sure if it is real or not.

So this Mylar paper that I got from a site is kinda crap Compared to what Im seeing on this video...I looked on that dazian site under projection materials and they have grey at 60 bucks per yard...is that the right one??

thevikester wrote:

So this Mylar paper that I got from a site is kinda crap Compared to what Im seeing on this video...I looked on that dazian site under projection materials and they have grey at 60 bucks per yard...is that the right one??

the gray is the rear projection material and it is $60 for a linear yard. so that means

you get 3ftx86 inches for $60 or 6ft x 86 for 120 and so on

I use the cover plastic for painting. It is a couple of bucks and is semi transparent. It works just fine taped to my window inside and people looking at it outside think there is a real person inside my house.