Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Display Set-up Test Run

jimswinder

jjdurrant wrote:

VERY IMPRESSIVE! What are you using for the collapsible mini trees?

For the base it is just some round bar, with angle iron welded to the bottom collar. The two pieces of Rebar sticking out of either end are for my Mini and Mega Arches to slip on to. The collar on top and the base will slip over the mast poles (that slip into sleeves cemented into the yard). The top collar will have a bolt that goes thru it and the pole it slips over. The bottom collar has two bolts that go thru two nuts (welded to collar) that will hold it tight against the mast pole. I did this so I could stretch the 8 strings tight, depending on how much they have stretched or shrunk.

The picture below shows the tree without any lights attached yet. The lights will be zip-tied to the 8 strings. The string is a braided nylon used on fishing nets (that's where I found it...fishing supply store). I actually push the zip tie THROUGH the string so the lights cannot slip down.

My "portable" Weber Tree is built on the same concept. The 2nd picture (the big pile of 9,600 C6 lights) is actually my Weber tree in it's portable state.

Attached files 214018=11922-trees.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Friggen Amazing...I tell people about some of the magnificent minds on this forum, and they think i'm some kind of twit...I just laugh..Einsteins I tell them...EINSTEINS!!!

thevikester wrote:

Friggen Amazing...I tell people about some of the magnificent minds on this forum, and they think i'm some kind of twit...I just laugh..Einsteins I tell them...EINSTEINS!!!

No kidding!!

You should just plug in the pile of lights :P

Do you have to worry about lightning with the pole on your roof? Wonder if the neighbors have a pool started on when it gets hit! :shock:

GS wrote:

That looks like a LED eagle's nest, nice pics.

You need to light that pile up and post the pic!

lol...I'll try and do that tonight!! Don't know if I can find all the plug ends!

scubado wrote:

Do you have to worry about lightning with the pole on your roof? Wonder if the neighbors have a pool started on when it gets hit! :shock:

My brother asked the same thing...but I think it is pretty well grounded to all the cables running down to the 9 poles in the ground...plus we don't get much lightening strikes in Seattle..maybe one or two a year.

GS wrote:

That looks like a LED eagle's nest, nice pics.

You need to light that pile up and post the pic!

Okay...here it is...

9,600 C6 lights of my Weber Tree

Not as WOW!! as I thought it would be... :P

Attached files 215321=11973-Blob of lights.jpg

Sheesh. Now you have made my display look like a wanna be. I htought my sequencing was about done until my wife said she wanted a certain element in the show and I had to do away with a couple little things to free up some channels and rework the songs. No biggie. I found some real flaws in a couple of them and decided that maybe 6-7 songs were enough not 15.
Nice job Jim.
Terry

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
Looks good Jim all that hard work is going to pay off I might as well tell all the people in my city to go to Seattle to see your display

Yep...just get on Highway 1 and hang a left in Vancouver!!

With that display, people IN Vancouver could see his house, from THEIR house!

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked