Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Display Set-up Test Run

jimswinder

Since I have been Designing/Building/Welding/Sequencing since January (and still a LOOOOONG way from being done with the sequences), I thought I better actually set up part of my display this last weekend to see if 1) I could actually set it up!!! and 2) see if it looked the same in actuality as it did as a concept in my brain!! LOL

So here are a few pics of my 20' Weber Tree (96 Channels) mast (up on the peak of the roof) my 8' Mega Tree (40 Channels) Mast(lower roof peak), my "Streamers" (216 Channels)(going from the top of my mini trees to the top of my Weber Tree), one of my 4 Mega Arches (9 Channels Each), 2 of my 8 Mini Arches (5 channels each) and one of my (5) 5 foot tall Mini Trees (5 Channels Each)...plus a few other things that were not set up to add up to my 528 Channels Capability / 50,000 All LED Lights...though I probably will only use about 516 Channels (yep...almost 1 string per channel).

The last pic is one of my Mini Trees collapsed for storage...

Attached files 213858=11913-Set-Up.jpg

A better pic showing the whole house...but no arches or "Streamer" up yet.

The "Streamers" are 3/4 x 10' PVC pipe wrapped with 100ct strings of each color (Red, Green, Blue, White). Each Wire Rope Cable (There are 9, each 60' long) from Mini Tree to Weber Tree will each have (6) pieces of 10' wrapped PVC (54 total 10' pieces). I put them on one by one by "pushing" them up to the peak of the Weber Tree from the ground below.

Attached files 213859=11914-Whole House.jpg

George Simmons wrote:

I'm definitely looking forward to the videos

Sorry...spent my allocated new camcorder money on lights and controllers!!! LOL

Geez Jim, is that all you've got done since january?..:P

Seriously, as a newbie, I'm now really bummed as I had hoped there would be a reason for one last work trip to Seattle (corp office) in December and an in-person viewing, but we just went into a budgetary travel lockdown, so very unlikely that will happen...:)

So we gotta' have videos...!

wallleyes wrote:

Jim

I think your neighbors now know that you have lost it :) Looks great.

If they only knew that he sequences in bed, they would be sure he has lost it. Great job Jim!

shfr26 wrote:

If they only knew that he sequences in bed, they would be sure he has lost it.

Doesn't everyone???

It IS very romantic to be in bed with your significant other, snuggling in the soft glow
of a laptop monitor...

jimswinder wrote:

shfr26 wrote:

Doesn't everyone???

It IS very romantic to be in bed with your significant other, snuggling in the soft glow
of a laptop monitor...

I could say something about the type of glow you stated, but I won't.

shfr26 wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
shfr26 wrote:

Doesn't everyone???

of a laptop monitor...

I could say something about the type of glow you stated, but I won't.

I know...YOU would be all excited thinking about Christmas Lights and LOR controllers...so it wouldn't be a SOFT glow...now would it???
1511769.GIF

Jim, Could you get some pic's of your weber tree. Been thinking of build a couple small ones this year.

Thanks
Brandon

bwhitehead wrote:

Jim, Could you get some pic's of your weber tree. Been thinking of build a couple small ones this year.

Have been wanting to post a video for MONTHS now!!! But I was so far behind in everything else, I put it on the back burner.

I do hope to set it up this weekend, so will take video if I do indeed set it up (weather permitting...predicting rain all weekend).

I will say my Weber tree may not be a good example since I am putting it on the top of my roof, so have had to make it completely "portable" and be able to set it up ON the roof. I am hoping it will be about a 15 minute process to set up a 9600 light - 96 channel 20' Weber Tree...

Don Gillespie wrote:

Looks good Jim all that hard work is going to pay off I might as well tell all the people in my city to go to Seattle to see your display

Yep...just get on Highway 1 and hang a left in Vancouver!!

Wow! :shock:

I mean, WOW! :shock::shock:

I mean, W:shock:W, W:shock:W, W:shock:W!!!

Great start to the season! Can't wait to see the videos.