Light-O-Rama Forums

Are there any people for hire to do sequences or help me?

Scott Henselman

:shock:

I think I have a unique situation that I need help with. I have purchased a 128 channel system for a downtown commercial building that I own. I have attached a picture of the building with lighting plan on it if you are curious. I have not seen buildings done before and I am not a commercial company that does displays.

I have created the animation display representing the building light plan, assigned channels and selected a number of songs to use for Christmas as a show.

Not knowing, I tried beat wizard, tapping wizard, don't know what MIDI wizard is and finally used a fixed grid.

I have completed one song and it took over 30 hours to learn and make a sequence. I think it turned out well enough, but could be better.

I went to my second song, got 1/3 done and I am stuck. I want to do at least 10 songs.

Now I am wondering if I should start over with a different timing grid and pick easier songs.

I am not a forum guy and will try to figure out how to have any responses to this post e-mailed to me as a flag or some other way to monitor this.

Please help me create a special show. I can even have you partner with me for $. I can be reached at Scott@HenselmanRealty.com.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and if any thoughts or direction, please help.

Scott A. Henselman
Medford, Oregon
541-772-4388

Attached files 212539=11858-goldy decorations.jpg

First thing Scott, slow down and breathe, everyone has a "pulling your hair out moment" in the beginning. There are a lot of resources available on the web check lorsequences.com, christmascarolina.com, quartzhillchristmas.com, tauntonstales.com, to name a few. They have some sequences that would be easier to modify than starting from scratch. Even a 16 channel sequence will help you, it gives the "beat" of the song, to which you can add your specific configuration, and decide what lights to turn on, off ect.. Hope this helps,

Bill

Also would suggest scaling back for this year with the number of songs you want to do. Even the for hire guys right now I would be willing to bet are pretty maxed out at this point in what they already have to sequence for people vs time left. Most of us it's lights on the day after Thanksgiving and that is barely 2 months off now. It can take up to an hour per minute of music, per controller time wise to sequence. A 3 minute song for 128 channels (8 units) could take 20+ hours pretty easily.

Lenny

Hey Lenny:

Thanks for your suggestions. I am determined to have at least 6 songs per evening and if given a choice, i will have a different theme set of songs for each day of the week.

May not happen this year, but I am going to give it a try.

Also nice to know that I am not a total idiot, as I did my first one in a little over 30 hours.

The problem is that I have a job and while I want to be creative and always like to do it myself, this kind of a show is pushing my comfort level. It has to be a great show the first year, to make the statement I want.

Very nice to see the help come through and the words of encouragement!

Thanks so much.:D

wallleyes wrote:

I would be glad to give you some help.You can email me at...

Yes, I know this is off topic... but I'd like to remind forum users that anything you post on these forums is public, and will be cached by Google (and other search engines). This includes any email addresses. If you post your email address, it will get more spam.

A better way to send email address is in a Private Message.

I have an email address I use for friends, family, and forums like this. It has never received a spam message! (My Gmail address, on the other hand, gets lots of spam.)

Steven

Good advice.Fortunately i get very very little spam and have put my email address quit a few times.But why welcome the spam.Thanks for the heads up.

Scott Henselman wrote:

Hey Lenny:

Thanks for your suggestions. I am determined to have at least 6 songs per evening and if given a choice, i will have a different theme set of songs for each day of the week.

May not happen this year, but I am going to give it a try.

Also nice to know that I am not a total idiot, as I did my first one in a little over 30 hours.

The problem is that I have a job and while I want to be creative and always like to do it myself, this kind of a show is pushing my comfort level. It has to be a great show the first year, to make the statement I want.

Very nice to see the help come through and the words of encouragement!

Thanks so much.:D

Relax do the best you can.

Last year was my first year. I set everything up and ran the show people watching just loved it...I looked at and noticed it did not look right, found out I had the channel mixed up. I was the only one that noticed!

In our smaller city, this will be something that will bring front page news and on all the local tv stations.

You are right about the creator notices things that others don't. But I am going to do my best to put on a show that people from miles around will drive to see.
:D

Too all:

I would like to thank each and every one of you for your posts, e-mails, suggestions and trying to provide a calming to my appearance of dread and frustration.

I have not every had the desire or need to use a forum before. It has been a relief and welcome result for me.

I truly wish to express my heartfelt thanks for your help.

I will be back to share the results and when I need more direction.

Again, thank you!

Scott

Guest Don Gillespie

Scott Henselman wrote:

In our smaller city, this will be something that will bring front page news and on all the local tv stations.

You are right about the creator notices things that others don't. But I am going to do my best to put on a show that people from miles around will drive to see.
:)

the old saying if you build it they will come can not be a truer statement when using LOR you are going to have to be prepared for traffic tie ups if you are on a major roadway, have no fear it does not matter how the show goes the people will come from miles around, don;t take my word for it just watch when the lights start to go to music and stand back this thing will amaze people from young to old, I never get tired of watch christmas lights dance to music as everyone else on this forum will probably say the same thing good luck and have fun.

Brian Mitchell wrote:

30 hours for 128 channels for a 3 minute song sounds about right to me.
Took me about 20 hours (3 days at work) to sequence a song 96 channels.

Scott:

I can help you as well maybe. I have 112 channels this year so you might be able to copy paste and get them done a lot quicker. Most of us have jobs so this can and often is a full time hobby. I as do quite a fw others work on sequencing year round and if it isn't that it's building elements from Rainbow wall runners to better mega trees. But it's like having pets kind of. You have to spend some time pretty much every day at it. Anyway my main channels are 2 colors of 12 channels each on a mega tree, two 9 channel arches with 9 channel fans under each one, 9 snowflakes down the centerline of my house, and then 8, 6' trees of three colors each. I also of course have the fairly popular 3 channel star, strobes, 2 banks of icicles in three colors each, and a few other misc channels that are single items. Heavy into TSO and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Lenny

Hey, I usually HATE people that throw in other links into forums, I have not tried LOR sequencer, but I have tried a couple others, and "Aurora" is THE BEST sequencer out there... And this year it came out FREE, so try it!

Aurorashow.com

then if you look in the forums it will say "freeware" as a thread, and it has a reg key.

Phippers wrote:

Hey, I usually HATE people that throw in other links into forums, I have not tried LOR sequencer, but I have tried a couple others, and "Aurora" is THE BEST sequencer out there... And this year it came out FREE, so try it!

Aurorashow.com

then if you look in the forums it will say "freeware" as a thread, and it has a reg key.

Also annoying are those who hijack threads to promote another product that has no relevance to the discussion at hand, and, make comparisons to products they have never tried.

All you have to do is read a few of the threads on the forum that you reference to see that your "BEST sequencer" is hanging by a thin financial thread.

When the Aurora product shows it can match the stability and support of the LOR team, then maybe you can come back and hawk your product...in a separate thread.

DonFL wrote:

Also annoying are those who hijack threads to promote another product that has no relevance to the discussion at hand, and, make comparisons to products they have never tried.

All you have to do is read a few of the threads on the forum that you reference to see that your "BEST sequencer" is hanging by a thin financial thread.

When the Aurora product shows it can match the stability and support of the LOR team, then maybe you can come back and hawk your product...in a separate thread.

The forum should have a "FLAG as SPAM" button.
The guy joined a week ago and that is his only post.