Light-O-Rama Forums

Calc spacing on my tree?

jpbaily1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that's just fine and dandy to have all those "plain" mega tree calculators... ;) what's really needed is a calculator where you can plug in your lighted length of the strands you want to use, the desired flare angle (fat or skinny), and pitch angle for the spirals, number of guy wires, and have the calc spit out the height and base dimensions, and the spacing interval for where the strands should cross the guys! Now THAT would be impressive. (Joking of course, but it WOULD be impressive!). Seriously though, great job on the calcs that are out there. Way beyond my Excel skill level!

ShantaClausSm.png

• 3 months later...

papap wrote:

Ok, I'm thinking of using 100 count lights. They are about 34'. Figuring on running them up to top and back down to base. So I'm guessing a 15' tall tree. How big would the base have to be?

use the link is post 7. I checked it out and worked perfect for me

• 1 month later...

What I wanted to do for my first display was to make a 20' tall with a 9' base but the base would be 2' above the ground. This should work with 70 light strings that are 23' long. 18.5 down the side, 2.5 in from the edge and down 2' for the trunk.

Unfortunately I don't think this will happen this year unless I'm able to find a work soon.