Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel 3 Working

motherboarddude

Hi Guys
I just built a ctb-16kv6 and every channel is working, but number three wont turn on. I already reflowed the triac and isolator; what else can i do?
Thanks
BTW THE TITLE IS CHANNEL 3 NOT WORKING :D

Well beside re-flowing the joints. Did you confirm that you have the right value of resistors in the right location? Did you confirm that the opto chip is indexed so that pin 1 in the right hole or that the dot on the opto in in the right quadrant?

And if you have the right component in the correct location and the opto is indexed properly. Then sounds like you have a bad component. Might need to contact LOR for further help, might tell you to ship the board back and they will diagnose it.

Max-Paul wrote:

Well beside re-flowing the joints. Did you confirm that you have the right value of resistors in the right location? Did you confirm that the opto chip is indexed so that pin 1 in the right hole or that the dot on the opto in in the right quadrant?

And if you have the right component in the correct location and the opto is indexed properly. Then sounds like you have a bad component. Might need to contact LOR for further help, might tell you to ship the board back and they will diagnose it.
It was the isolator; it was in the wrong way. What a newbie mistake, but my second ctb-16k6 that i just built works perfectly.
Thanks for the help.
Neil