Light-O-Rama Forums

Single Power Feed Jumpers

ryebred

I have 4 CTB16PC kits that I put together and now that I have all of my lights, I have calculated my electric totals for each controller using the kill-a-watt meter and since almost all of my lights are LEDs, I do not have a single controller pulling over 7 amps at 100% intensity with everything on. So, I wanted to configure my controllers for single power feed, 15 amps.

Looking at the lighting controller user manual on page 12 it says, "If you did not purchase the power cord from Light-O-Rama, you will need to construct one 4" white and one 8" black 14 gauge wire quick connect jumper." Since I got the power cords as part of the Light-O-Rama kit, this line implies that the jumpers should have been included in the kit. But looking through my boxes, I am not seeing anything. I don't think I would have mistakenly thrown those out.

Anyone know if these are supposed to be a part of the kit or do you need to make your own?

I've never ordered a CTB16PC Kit. However, looking at the assembly manual, Page 9, I see - "Optional Unit Power Cord(s) includes one AC controller power cord and two jumpers or two AC controller power cords."

That best guess would be that you ordered dual power cords, thus the jumpers didn't come with it.

I have just finished putting 5 of these together and there is no "Jumpers" that are included. You will need to go to (Lowes, HD, Menards, etc) and get 1ft of white and black 14gage stranded wire. Also you will need to get some "Terminal Wire connectors" (see link below) and a pair of crimpers to attach them to the 14gage wire.

OR

Just use a three way connector and plug both power cords into the same plug. (it's a lot cheaper).

Link to the Terminal Wire Connectors: http://www.lowes.com/pd_135862-12704-770311_4294821930+5003697_4294937087?productId=3127721&pl=1&currentURL=/pl_Terminal%2BWire%2BConnectors_4294821930 5003697_4294937087_

Link to the Crimpers: Greenlee Stripping/Crimping Combination Tool

(Sorry link isn't working, do a search for the above @ lowes.com)

Link to Three Way Connector: http://www.lowes.com/pd_78963-334-4402RN-SP-L_4294821936_4294937087?productId=1101239&pl=1&currentURL=/pl_Wiring%2BDevices%2B_4294821936_4294937087_?cm_cr=Electrical-_-Web Activity-_-Electrical A2 Activity-_-SC_Electrical_Area2-_-66607_3

The reason your PC kits did not come with the jumpers is because they came with 2 power cords. So you wouldn't have to have the jumpers to make it work.

ryebred wrote:

I have 4 CTB16PC kits that I put together and now that I have all of my lights, I have calculated my electric totals for each controller using the kill-a-watt meter and since almost all of my lights are LEDs, I do not have a single controller pulling over 7 amps at 100% intensity with everything on. So, I wanted to configure my controllers for single power feed, 15 amps.

Looking at the lighting controller user manual on page 12 it says, "If you did not purchase the power cord from Light-O-Rama, you will need to construct one 4" white and one 8" black 14 gauge wire quick connect jumper." Since I got the power cords as part of the Light-O-Rama kit, this line implies that the jumpers should have been included in the kit. But looking through my boxes, I am not seeing anything. I don't think I would have mistakenly thrown those out.

Anyone know if these are supposed to be a part of the kit or do you need to make your own?

Please note the bold underlined text. This explains it all. Now if you had bought the power cord from LOR you would not need the jumper or it would be part of the power cord set from LOR.

Personally I built my own jumper in such a manner that I can connect some SPT wire to it coming in and going out to the next controller. So, just for one jumper I have a male QC connector then a short lead to a Female QC connector with another lead in it (two total leads in this connnector). This lead goes to another female QC connector with a 2nd lead coming out (same as the previous connector, 2 leads in it) going to a male QC connector. Now all are the type that have the full plastic insolator (SP?). So my SPT wires have the female QC connector and when I plug the jumper male to the SPT female all metal parts are shielded so no shock hazard.

If this is clear as mud, will try to make a diagram via paint and post it later.

As Don wrote earlier, the jumpers are only included when you purchase a single power cord. If you did purchase a single power cord and the jumpers were missing then contact orders@lightorama.com and let them know and they will send the jumpers to you.