Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB-16D Ver 4.0 resting card unit ID, nuisnace

cenote

Not sure if it was designed this way, I noticed today while messing around with the dc cards, if there is a standalone sequence loaded into memory, you can not reset the card's unit ID. I tried to switch around the dials to change but the hardware utility could never find it, until I turned it back to original setting, deleted sequence out of memory, than reset board. than you were able to succesfully change the unit ID's. Guessing it was designed this way? Thought it was strange, but guessing it has a purpose this way.

Chuck

You did not mention. After changing the unit ID did you cycle power to the board. Unit ID on the switches is only read on power up. If you had a stand alone in the board and change the ID, then whatever channels that were defined on the address the board was, would not play unless you put the original address for the board on another board.

Hope that is more clear than mud.

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

You did not mention. After changing the unit ID did you cycle power to the board. Unit ID on the switches is only read on power up. If you had a stand alone in the board and change the ID, then whatever channels that were defined on the address the board was, would not play unless you put the original address for the board on another board.

Hope that is more clear than mud.

Chuck

Yes, not only cycled power, but of coarse only changed the ID when no power to board.