Light-O-Rama Forums

Finally Finished My F.M. Sign

Donny M. Carter

Thanks for the info.
I have a customer that does signs. Last time I was there, I showed him some of my work with LED's. He wants to get together some time and discuss some ideas. Should be interesting to see if this turns into something for me.

Dang Donny,

you sure do play to a rough crowd! Shame you have to worry about beer bottles being thrown at your sign. Saying that, anything is possible and I could just as easy have some stupid people want to show their lack of respect at my meager show this year.

Max-Paul wrote:

Dang Donny,

you sure do play to a rough crowd! Shame you have to worry about beer bottles being thrown at your sign. Saying that, anything is possible and I could just as easy have some stupid people want to show their lack of respect at my meager show this year.

Well I do live in Mississippi !!

Love your sign. Great choice in graphic design. My sign was printed through http://www.buildasign.com they are very reasonable in price. I would get it printed on a decal and attach it to plexi class and built a similar Lighted box as yours. The sign was about $16. Plexi glass around $10. Two flouresent light fixtures $20. Then lumber and time too biuld it. But it is way cool. Here is a link to the set up page http://www.buildasign.com/SignReview.aspx?T=4C6D376937433765654767446F78396F6B50744B47413D3D&cid=1509 But Donny, thanks a lot! You are giving me the fever to do something new! LOL

Attached files 209925=11698-PIC_0011.jpg

Donny M. Carter wrote:

Max-Paul wrote:
Dang Donny,

Well I do live in Mississippi !!

I have visions of, at the end of the show, lighters lit, and the crowd shouting "free bird"....:(

Very much a southern thing...:D

DonFL wrote:

I have visions of, at the end of the show, lighters lit, and the crowd shouting "free bird"....:(

Very much a southern thing...:D
George has probably done this song. I think he has done about 300 songs this year. give him a PM and see. LOL>

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I would share my sign with you folks.

I found the graphic online and added the text. A friend of mine is in the sign business so I got 2 of them done for $50 ... they are the size of a real estate sign and will be lit from behind.

Dave

P.S. Holding it up to the light in my home the text lights up well with the dark background and so do the stars.

Attached files 212251=11846-IMG_0002.JPG

Man those put mine to shame!'

I used a marker to write my station on a piece of white corrugated plastic!

PaulXmas wrote:

Man those put mine to shame!'

I used a marker to write my station on a piece of white corrugated plastic!

It helped that I knew someone in the business and I told him what I wanted to do so he used the best product possible.

Thanks for the complement ... just have to build a box for them now !

Dave

Has anyone experimented with lighting the signs from behind with LED lights like under the cabinet lights.

Just thinking if they are too bright or too concentrated of a brightness ?

Experiement time again !

Dave

Very nice sign. Investing $400 in a sign is true commitment.

We actually had to turn off the lights on our sign because it was in the middle of the display. We're so close to the road they weren't needed anyway.

• The topic was locked