Light-O-Rama Forums

Encloser TBBS

miguel

I purchased a Keptel CG-2000 Coax Demarcation Enclosures 13 x 9 x 3 from The broadband store. I received my new Controllers yesterday and the card does not fit properly to be secured to the enclosure. I believe I saw a thread that addressed this and now I can find it. I would appreciate any help from anyone using these enclosures,

Thank you in advance I am all hyped-up to get started I am making my dongles now as we Speak (type)

Are they the high power or low power heatsink?

I've used those same Keptel 2000 cases successfully with the same card, so I know we can make it fit. It's a tight squeeze but definitely doable. What I had to do (using the CTB16PC card with high power heat sinks) was cut off the threaded end of the screws that connect the triac with the heatsink so that the door of the case would close. I'm at the office right now but after I get home today I can take a picture and send it to you if needed.

I had to shave off some of the angle 'tabs' inside the box so that the board fits snug to the bottom. Like George found, the triac screws may get in the way. I just reveresed the screw and put the nut on the inside of the triac.

I've mounted the board both ways, up/down and sideways. I've mounted the board to the box with a screw thru the back of the enclosure thru the heatsink (chalked the screw head).

Pics are on another computer. If I remember, I'll post them later.

Thank you George and Dan i would love to see pictures and yes i also thought of trimming the tabs but was unsure as this is my first time trying to get them to fit.

look forward to the photo tonight.

thanks again

Different board and different box. I just thought if others were reading, the picture could come in handy.

CTB16K with my own high power heat sinks
Keptel CG-1500 - http://www.yourbroadbandstore.com/product.php?pid=706098

I put the data wire in through the side and run SPT wires out the bottom. I lay them on the ground and have never had a problem.

Attached files 209073=11635-DSCN3044.JPG

Miguel,

Here's the CTB16PC in a Keptel 2000. I use the receptacle end of 6ft. SPT2 ext cords for my dongles. This is one of them where I had to cut off the threaded end of the triac screw to get the door closed. You can just see the little stubs on the right side. Dan's method of reversing the screws is definitely more elegant, but I just happened to have a Dremel tool with a cutting wheel handy, and that was the first way I thought of to solve the problem.

Attached files 209086=11636-CTB16PC in Keptel 2000 wSPT

Dan Ancona wrote:

Here's a pic of one of my boards.

Dan

I really like your conversion from stab terminals to screw terminals. Where did you buy the terminals? What kind of pricing?......and sorry for going off topic!

Steve
:cool:

And just to show it can be done, here's a CTB16PC in a Keptel 1000. It's a tight squeeze with the heavy duty heatsinks. I'm doing more with light duty heat sinks and they fit MUCH better - using SPT1 cord instead of SPT2 would make a big difference also. I had to bend the corner of the heatsink so the door would close and so I could get the comm cables in and out, that's how tight it is.

Attached files 209088=11637-CTB16PC in Keptel 1000 wSPT

It hasn''t yet - at least as far as I know... how many sets of Christmas lights (other than LED sets with transformers which I don't use anyway) have you ever seen with a three-prong plug?

steve synek wrote:

Dan Ancona wrote:
Here's a pic of one of my boards.

Dan

I really like your conversion from stab terminals to screw terminals. Where did you buy the terminals? What kind of pricing?......and sorry for going off topic!

Steve
:cool:

Steve, You can get these at Radio Shack or better yet Mouser / Digit. I happened to find a number of these attached to a discarded project of someones on the curb. Nice find. this controller is used for arches. There will be wires from the terminals going to either molex connectors or harnesses I have from car motors. I don't use dongles much.

• 2 weeks later...

Scott T wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
Looks good.

George,
Did you have your glasses on? Kinda blurry to me.

LOL ;)
shake your monitor back and forth and it counteracts the blurriness..clears right up...