Light-O-Rama Forums

2.8.8 PROBLEMS

TOADE

Don wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
Missing tools!

Look at the top of the animation window. See the stop button? See the play button? Hey wait, there's one more. Hit that one. Be amazed!

Why do you treat me like some type of dum ass! I'm only asking a simple f**king question. There is no reason for the sarcasm! I have never had that happen before and did not know what the button was for or used it before. So unless I have experience with it. How am I suppose-to know? I'm tried of people treating me with disrespect, when I'm using this forum for what its intended for, Question & Answers!

Mountainwxman wrote:

Don... it's brain surgery!

I'm shocked that some know how to operate a pc. ;)

Same thing goes to you too!

Guest wbottomley

Attention everyone!

A new place to get help for LOR problems.

Open up the sequence editor, click on help, then contents or F1 while the program is open.

99% of all questions will be answered in a timely form and fashion. F1 help will not have any sarcasm inserted into an answer too.

It worked for me and it will work for you.

Try it... you may like it. ;)

Guest wbottomley

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
Don... it's brain surgery!

I'm shocked that some know how to operate a pc. ;)

Same thing goes to you too!

You have made my day!

2147873.gif

Mountainwxman wrote:

Attention everyone!

Open up the sequence editor, click on help, then contents or F1 while the program is open.

99% of all questions will be answered in a timely form and fashion. F1 help will not have any sarcasm inserted into an answer too.

Again with the sarcasm!

Guest wbottomley

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
Attention everyone!

Again with the sarcasm!

God has given me a magnificent brain with a HUGE mouth. I intend to use it to its fullest extent for or against anyone.

Which side are you on?

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Don wrote:
ny_yankee_25 wrote:
Missing tools!

Look at the top of the animation window. See the stop button? See the play button? Hey wait, there's one more. Hit that one. Be amazed!

Why do you treat me like some type of dum ass! I'm only asking a simple f**king question. There is no reason for the sarcasm! I have never had that happen before and did not know what the button was for or used it before. So unless I have experience with it. How am I suppose-to know? I'm tried of people treating me with disrespect, when I'm using this forum for what its intended for, Question & Answers!

Dear Mr. ny_yankee_25,

All I can say is that was not my intent. I'm sorry you feel that way.

Best of luck with your display this year.

Don wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
Don wrote:
ny_yankee_25 wrote:
Missing tools!

Dear Mr. ny_yankee_25,

All I can say is that was not my intent. I'm sorry you feel that way.

Best of luck with your display this year.

Thanks for your apology! This is a bad way to treat people who are encouraged to use this for help. It takes a big man to admit mistake and apologize. Thanks

I post this here because of the way this thread went. It is not intended to be a direct reference to anyone involved in this thread but I may use some fodder from here for illustrative purposes.

In support we often see two types of frustration. One from a person who does not "know the answer" and wants help. And the other is the person who knows the answer but feels that the other did not do their part to get to the answer before they asked the question.

What makes sense to me: If you have a question then you first go to the help file or what every resource is relevant.

If for example you do not see the tools in the animation screen, you could go to the help file and search for "animation" or "animator" and find the section on the animator. That section is not very long and it does have this paragraph.

---------------------------------------

Showing and Hiding Controls

The various controls on the Animator, such as the "Size", "Draw", and "Background Image" sections, can be hidden by clicking on the toolbar button in the upper left corner, showing two green arrows pointing to the left. This leaves more room for the actual animation.

When the Animator has its controls hidden, two additional buttons appear on the toolbar, allowing the drawing to be resized larger or smaller.

When the controls are hidden, that button will change to show the arrows pointing to the right instead. Simply click on it again to unhide them.

-------------------------------------------------

So a person should try to find the answer before asking. It is a reasonable thing to do and it is certainly unreasonable to just type in a question if no effort has gone into finding the answer on their own. However some people just have a hard time "finding" answers. Even when they try they do not find the answer so they go ahead and ask the question.

When a person asks a question, it does not matter how trivial, simple, complicated or hard the question is, the person asking the question should be treated with respect. If you are frustrated because you think the person is a "slacker" then just ignore the question and let someone else take it.

We have had people on the phone for an hour explaining what a folder is and what a file is and what it means to copy a file, etc... It can get frustrating but these people have built beautiful Christmas displays with ornate rotating carousals, and display elements that are simply spectacular. They are as frustrated as hell because they have never used a PC and want to make their lights dance. We help them out...

One other thing. Some people have a very difficult time asking questions and have a strong fear of being ridiculed or made fun of... It is part of their personality and surely a trait that most of them wish they did not have. We should not make it impossible for a person like that to ask a question here.

So in short, before you ask a question give a fair effort to answer the question on your own. It is simply unfair to take advantage of the forums by asking questions that 2 minutes of research would answer. Please treat people with respect even if you think that they are being a slacker. You do not need to help them if you think they are trying to take advantage of the forums.

Finally, if a friend asks a question that you think is a dumb question, do not hesitate to embarrass them! but make sure that it is clear you are friends having fun because after all, fun is what this is all about!

Dan

Edit: Fixed a number of typos...

Mountainwxman wrote:

LOL Jeff.

Couldn't agree more!

Being members of BFPCG, this is a lighter side of things.

What is BFPCG? I almost asked a stupid question here, but investigated what was already said here and discovered two things I didn't know before.

I typed this before I knew Dan posted. This wasn't meant to be sacastic, I misunderstood one of the answers to the early question and discovered a couple things and almost asked a dumb question.

Guest wbottomley

Dan... I agree but to a certain extent.

Using vulgar language in a post (not yours) is not a way to earn respect.

Many know how I can inset a ton of sarcasm into one. Shoot, I even started a war with one sentence, lol.

Anyway, I can understand the search feature does not work very much on mywowbb's. But, if you have a good question, ask it!

I'm sure someone much smarter than me will answer it, pun intended. ;)

Personally, I have been called a lot worse and smiled about it all.

People just need to lighten up a little and have some fun. Jokes are not meant to hurt anyone just to lighten the mood a little. Honestly, we have far more important things to worry about than just a little light hearted humor from Don.

Don, you can make fun of this tall, old, bald, chubby guy all you want.

I fall into both of these categories,

At times I can be "dumber than a box of rocks", "not have the sense God gave a tree stump", but I have been known to dish out some sarcasm with the best of them. Most peolpe do not make smart a$$ remarks to offend anyone, but just to have a little fun. I like to be a like a duck in the rain, let it roll off my back and wait till I get a jab at them later. Heck, I even get to answer one or two questions a year that I know! Now back to sequencing and waiting for the first question of the year that I will be able to answer, anybody have any real easy ones for me?;)

Let me clarify the statement I made, At times I can be "dumber than a box of rocks", "not have the sense God gave a tree stump", These are in reference to me and some of the questions I have asked, not in reference to anyboby else.

You know if you removed all the post that were related to answers that could be found in the help file there would be very few posts.

If I ask a question that others think is dumb then I would give them a .... ummm dumb question 1 million: How do you do a raspberry in text?

PaulXmas wrote:

You know if you removed all the post that were related to answers that could be found in the help file there would be very few posts.

If I ask a question that others think is dumb then I would give them a .... ummm dumb question 1 million: How do you do a raspberry in text?

I just want to make it clear that because an answer is in the help file does not mean that it is unreasonable that the question be asked. All we ask is that people try on their own first. This is what most people do and they come here or email/call support when they cannot get it on their own.

Dan

Geez, now I feel lonely - all this talk about sarcasm and smart a$$ remarks and I've completely missed out on all the fun because I've been too busy looking through the help files...