Light-O-Rama Forums

2.8.8 PROBLEMS

TOADE

I am having problems with the latest releases. Version 2.8.6 did not work for me. Mostly it slowed down my pc to the point where it would be "hung" for a minute or 2 every time i clicked the mouse button. When i installed 2.8.8 everything seemed to be working fine until i noticed the Column did not match the grid. It seems to be up 1 level to high! I have read all the other posts with solutions but nothing seems to work for me. I am using:

TOSHIBA

Notebook

Intel Core2 Duo CPU t5550 @ 1.83 GHz

Memory(RAM) 1.00 GB

System type 32-bit operating System

Using windows vista

Attached files 208809=11605-LOR288.jpg

If you drag the Column (with the channel names) wider to fit on a single line, does it line up? Your picture shows the text "word wrapped."

And - is this a newly created sequence or an old one? (as in, does a brand new sequence have the problem?)

and another note - I just worked on someone's Toshiba laptop after them complaining about speed. They also were running Vista with only 1GB of memory. I doubled it to 2GB and they were very happy with the change. If yours can go to 4GB, you will notice a HUGE jump in performance, especially in the LOR Sequencer (not so much for running a show, though).

Seeing you are working with Vista change your settings to 16 bit and everything will line up. I am having the same problems and that was atleast my temporary fix. Dan said they are working to correct this problem but they said these computers that are doing this are so far and few between it is taking a little longer to correct this problem.

I have tried to drag the column, usually i have it a bit wider. This is a old sequence. I did however try to create a new sequence, but had the same result. When i dragged the column wider there was a bit of "scrunching" where the first grid was. I minimised it then restored it which made the scrunching go away, but the top grid still did not line up.

Attached files 208814=11606-Untitled.jpg

Could anybody who is having this "phantom row" problem please say what graphics card you are using, what driver you're using for that card, and what version of that driver? Thanks.

Also, two questions:

(1) What happens if you add one or more loop levels? Do they get displayed? If so, properly, or are they also a row off?

Note that you can only add loop levels to animation sequences, not to musical sequences.

(2) What happens if you scroll down to the end of the channel list? I am imagining that you simply don't see the row for the final channel - instead, at the apparent bottom of the track is the channel button for the final channel, but the row for the channel above that. Is that right?

Thanks.

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile

Driver Version: 7.14.10.1272
Operating System: Windows Vista Business* , Service Pack 2 (6.0.6002)
DirectX* Version: 10.0

* Accelerator Information *

Accelerator in Use: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family
Video BIOS: 1466
Current Graphics Mode: 1280 by 800 High Color (59 Hz)

This is a copy of the info from my graphics properties.

So it looks like the height of the phantom row is almost, but not quite, the height of "real" rows, right?

What happens if you increase or decrease the height of the channel buttons? Does the phantom row also increase or decrease in height, or does it remain the same size?

What happens if you resize the Sequence Editor itself so that it's a different height (or unmaximize if it's maximized)?

Does pressing "F5" accomplish anything?

Thanks.

It appears after doing a complete driver update on my intel graphics card it has cleared the issues with the mismatched grid issues.

That makes two people who have tried this (that I know of), and it worked for both of them. I would suggest that everybody else who is having any strange display problem with version 2.8 try it, too.

Also, I'm pretty sure that this is a problem with the drivers for Intel Express graphics cards specifically, and perhaps more specifically Intel Express graphics cards on laptops:

I know of six people who have had this problem; I know the graphics cards of five of them. All five are Intel Express.

I know whether five of them (a different five, though) are using a laptop or a desktop; all five are using laptops.

The "Support" section of Intel's website can automatically detect what Intel products your computer has (I think you'll need to visit the website using Internet Explorer rather than Firefox or something), and whether driver updates are available for them.

However, it might tell you that you have a customized driver (for example, from Dell or Gateway) rather than the generic Intel driver, in which case you should contact Dell (or whoever) for the proper driver update, rather than installing the latest generic Intel driver.

I've just discovered that, at least on one machine with a problem like this, disabling Windows Aero stops the problem from occurring. So, anyone with this problem might want to try that, too.

There is no stop button! Once you click play on the upper bar, there is no way to click stop, without going to the drop down menu. There was one on earlier versions

Attached files 209754=11685-Untitled-Captured-01.jpg

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

There is no stop button! Once you click play on the upper bar, there is no way to click stop, without going to the drop down menu. There was one on earlier versions

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=22627&forum_id=88&highlight=stop+button

Also, look just to the right of that stop button. The toolbars can be moved. Your stop button is simply hidden under the next task bar.

Also the next two pictures are of sequences I acquired from someone. Any reason why one picture I can see the edit tools and can make changes, where the other appears missing?

Attached files 209758=11686-Untitled-Captured-03.jpg

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Missing tools!

Look at the top of the animation window. See the stop button? See the play button? Hey wait, there's one more. Hit that one. Be amazed!

Don wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=22627&forum_id=88&highlight=stop+button

Also, look just to the right of that stop button. The toolbars can be moved. Your stop button is simply hidden under the next task bar.

lol, I feel like a dum ass now, lol. Thanks!