Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR and Vixen?

guju

I have been searching the forums and the internet to see if Vixen and LOR work together, and how to pull that off. I had seen a few posts alluding to the fact they had LOR controllers on Vixen, but no proof that it worked or how to do so.

So my question: Is there a way to control the Hobbyist LOR 8 channel (CTB-08) card with Vixen (by outputting through the USB --> Cat-5 adapter)?

Any info would be great, and suggestions. Brian

I've tried the plug-in and it does work but with one caveat. It only works correctly as long as any channel is changing within 3 seconds, otherwise all channels turn off.

This is a known bug and the developer has been contacted and will have this fixed shortly.

I used my D-Light controller with the plug in, and it works without an issue. I am going to post pictures of it being ran with Vixen on my site(www.lightsofthenight.com) within the next couple days.

Jesse

The issue would show up if you wanted a static display in between songs where some bushes where at some brightness. They would only be on for three seconds then every channel would go off.

With most sequences, there would be no problem.

The LOR contollers expect a do nothing (heart beat) command every couple of seconds, otherwise they shut everything off. This curently isn't being supplied.