Light-O-Rama Forums

Chase Problem in New S2

kzaas

Keith Adams wrote:

So you are saying there can't be any effects to the right of what I am trying tio chase? I figured if there were turned off cells it would know I wasn't trying to chase anything but the effect that had cells with something in them.

When you are chasing (down - right) then the chase pattern is all cells up to and not including the last group of "OFF" channels on the right side of the first row of the chase.

Dan

I think I may understand. I think my problem is I was adding a arch leap into a sequence that had other effects on past the arch leap assuming it would only chase the effect that started with the cell choice. Maybe in a future revision you can use the select tool to choose what you want to chase so it will ignore any other effects farther down the sequence for when you are adding chases to a sequence that is mostly finished.

Keith Adams wrote:

[snip] Maybe in a future revision you can use the select tool to choose what you want to chase so it will ignore any other effects farther down the sequence for when you are adding chases to a sequence that is mostly finished.

Thanks... That is on the list of enhancements. I decided to go with the implementation we have today because I liked the fact you did not need to make a selection first. It is quick to use when sequencing but it does have limitations as you have noted.

Dan

Bob knows the rules for what is considered the pattern on the first line and should chime in here.

Assuming you're chasing from left to right, then the stuff that is chased is everything within the selected area of the top channel, unless the selected area of the top channel ends in an off event, in which case it's everything in the selected area of the top channel except for that off event.

If you're chasing from right to left, it's very similar, except the off event in question would be at the start of the selected area.

If that is the case I don't see why it didn't work as I 1st tried selecting the entire fade down as well as just the first cell of the fade down and in both cases it would just make a verticle chase intead of an angle downward to the right. Oh well I am finished with that sequence anyway.

If that is the case I don't see why it didn't work as I 1st tried selecting the entire fade down as well as just the first cell of the fade down and in both cases it would just make a verticle chase intead of an angle downward to the right. Oh well I am finished with that sequence anyway.

Could you please give an example sequence where this happens?

And please note that it's not "everything up to the last off event". It's everything, except that if the last event is an off event, not that. So if the selection ends in something other than an "off", then the entire selection will be chased, which means that the chase will be vertical, even if there is an "off" somewhere in the selection.

Don't worry about it for now. I finished that sequence and am working on a Halloween sequence that doesn't use chases. I will post again if the problem shows up on my next Christmas sequence which will allow me to see if it was because there was something farther down the sequence causing it to do that.