Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor Stops

anthonyrusso3

Mountainwxman wrote:

Here's a little tip:

Have two files of the same song. One will be a wav and the other an mp3.

Sequence with the wav then when you are finished, change it to the mp3.

Question: Are your WAV files Stereo or Mono? Most WAV files are usually MONO, even when converting an MP3 to WAV in some software packages you have to tell it to make a Stereo WAV file or it defaults to a Mono file. My MP3 to WAV and back are all in Stereo.

So I was wondering if you used a Mono WAV file to sequence and then use a Stereo MP3 when completed?

Thanks for the tip, just want to make sure if I use a different type file, that it's in the correct format, i.e. Stereo or Mono.

Update to the original stopping issue:

The problem does seem to involve the LOR Audio analysis code or some required files used by that code as it is installed on anthonyrusso3's machine. It does not seem to be an issue with the particular MP3 file that is being used. On another machine the Sequence Editor does not have an issue with anthonyrusso3's MP3 file.

To verify this we sent the lpx file (the output of the analyzer) to anthonyrusso3 and things worked. So now we need to understand why this happened.

Dan

My lockup is still happening even after a total uninstally, reboot then reinstall...I go to create a music sequence...pops up to ask me the author and when I click ok...TOTAL SYSTEM LOCKUP...I have to reboot...I have gotten up and left for as long as 30 minutes and it stays locked up!

JediKnight2 wrote:

My lockup is still happening even after a total uninstally, reboot then reinstall...I go to create a music sequence...pops up to ask me the author and when I click ok...TOTAL SYSTEM LOCKUP...I have to reboot...I have gotten up and left for as long as 30 minutes and it stays locked up!

Originally you posted:

I just upgraded to 2.8.8 and I get a TOTAL lockup...I start the program, no problem. I click on start a new sequence, enter my name and the number of channels I want then next or OK...completely locks my system up and I have to reboot...

A few questions:

1. Prior to the upgrade to 2.8.8, what version of LOR were you using?

2. Have you created musical sequences with the previous verison of the LOR on that same machine?

3. Can you edit existing musical sequences okay?

4. If yes to #3, can you create a new musical sequence using an MP3 file that is currently used in an existing, working sequence?
Dan

JediKnight2 wrote:

I was using 2.7.6...had no problems sequencing at all. I tried to open an old sequence...lock up.

Can you create an Animation Sequence (non-musical sequence) or do you get a lock in that case as well?

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delays...yes I get a lockout no matter what I do. I can see the grid getting ready to be drawn and I get a full system lockup and have to reboot. I just downloaded 2.8.10 and it is still doing it. I am running the latest drivers for my graphics card, but it HAS to be graphics related as I can run the app from my computer remotely using Live Mesh

Well...I don't want this to sound bad...but I shouldn't have to ramp down my graphics card for this type of application...this isn't Unreal Tournament 3 here. I am running an ATI Radeon X1300 with 256MB DDR2...while not the fastest or newest...its not bottom of the barrel either. I just tried to back down to 16 bit and it still locks up...I also tried to open the advanced dialogue for OpenGL...and the software locked up...not a system lockup, but a software lockup.

I'm sorry, I wasn't implying that you should have to do things like that. I was just saying you might want to try them, to see if they would help.

Have you tried Windows Update?