Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Tool

Larry Leonhardt

So I cant figure out a basic step such as how to set an individual cell to a specific color??? I could only get it with a fade??? same color fade?? I really did read the help file before I asked

huskernut wrote:

So I cant figure out a basic step such as how to set an individual cell to a specific color??? I could only get it with a fade??? same color fade?? I really did read the help file before I asked

If you want to set a RGB channel to a solid color you use the Color Fade tool and have the start and end colors the same. You will see that there are copy buttons in that tool. You can use the copy button to copy the color from one side of the fade to the other side of the fade.

It was brought up in the Beta that we should have a seperate color picker and we will do so in a future enhancement. A color picker will save two clicks when picking a color vs using the Color Fade tool.

Dan

thanks Dan, you should go to bed now.

Let me know if you will be in my neck of the woods again this holiday season, I would love to meet you and buy you a beverage of your choice

Larry,

something you might try (depending on how many RGB+W channels you have) would be to set up the RGB tool to use the first 3 channel assignments and then have the regular channel row immediately below this new RGB channel set to the white that goes with it. That way when you are using it for better whites or to lighten a color shade, it's right there.

It won't render in the animator the way you want, but it could work

LightORamaDan wrote:

huskernut wrote:

If you want to set a RGB channel to a solid color you use the Color Fade tool and have the start and end colors the same. You will see that there are copy buttons in that tool. You can use the copy button to copy the color from one side of the fade to the other side of the fade.

It was brought up in the Beta that we should have a seperate color picker and we will do so in a future enhancement. A color picker will save two clicks when picking a color vs using the Color Fade tool.

Dan

I would like to see the 'color picker' window have a couple rows of selections for saved or recent colors used, and an intensity setting for solid R,G,or B.

LightORamaDan wrote:

Will be out there at the end of this month (niece getting married)... Coors Light

Dan

I wouldn't mine joining you guys! The least I can do is buy you a beer for making me a TFF winner.

Actually, I have an In-Law in Columbus, going up there this weekend to go camping.

Paul Roberson wrote:

I would like to see the 'color picker' window have a couple rows of selections for saved or recent colors used, and an intensity setting for solid R,G,or B.

Yes a number of people have asked for a solid RGB selector which would reduce the number of clicks required to pick a color by 2.

Recent colors/fades can be saved in the recent and saved tools.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Paul Roberson wrote:

Yes a number of people have asked for a solid RGB selector which would reduce the number of clicks required to pick a color by 2.

Recent colors/fades can be saved in the recent and saved tools.

Dan

The 'saved tools' can just as easily be used as a 'color picker'. Can't it?

What are the steps to get a 50% Green in a RGB channel?

Paul Roberson wrote:

The 'saved tools' can just as easily be used as a 'color picker'. Can't it?

What are the steps to get a 50% Green in a RGB channel?

If you wanted Red = 0%, Green = 50% and Blue = 0% in a RGB channel you could do it a couple of ways.

1. Expand the RGB channel and set the Green to 50%.

2. (click a)Select the Color Fade Tool, (click B) Click the color picker for the left (or right) side and pick your color (color picker clicks), then click COPY (click z) to make both sides the same color. With a dedicated, solid color picker you would eleminate (click B) and (click z)..... (click a) and (color picker clicks) would be the required for a dedicated, solid color picker.

As stated, you can select solid colors from the saved and recent tools in a single click.

Dan

Jeff Millard wrote:

I'm with Larry, but with a twist R, G, B, Y, W.

J

But Jeff,

If its RGBYW then it is no longer a RGB tool

I have a lot of RGB fixtures, leave it alone!

Thanks LOR for the RGB support

Jeff Millard wrote:

Now go play with your crummy LEDs John! :cool:

Jeff

How did you know what I was doing this afternoon?

Getting stuff ready for the Christmas Carolina Convention and my presentation

Philip wrote:

Larry,

something you might try (depending on how many RGB+W channels you have) would be to set up the RGB tool to use the first 3 channel assignments and then have the regular channel row immediately below this new RGB channel set to the white that goes with it. That way when you are using it for better whites or to lighten a color shade, it's right there.

It won't render in the animator the way you want, but it could work

Thanks Philip, I was thinking the same thing. Or what about RGB feature, that you can add as many colors as you like, from 3 colors on up.... Thats a great idea....:cool:

Jeff Millard wrote:

So, let's compromise. We should have a RGB tool for you sotherners who like to keep things simple... and a RGBYW tool for us Yanks who like to complicate things all up and make 'em real messy... Now go play with your crummy LEDs John! :cool:

Jeff

or ROYGBIVW for us New Yorkers that want to top those NJ guys! ;):P

Greg