Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem downloading version 2.8.6

wallleyes

Tried downloading the software at work and here at home now.I get an error reading setup initialization file.I have downloaded it and went to the file where it saved it and clicked on the file.Any ideas?

Delete the file and try again. I tried over-writing it, but that didn't help. I had assumed I was too quick downloading it - I first tried four minutes affter Bob posted it. :)

Regards,

Alan.

Thanks Alan but that did not help.I just downloaded it to my desktop and not my light-0-rama folder and it worked.

I have not found a problem with v2.8.6 yet - new and existing sequences are working and showing in the editor correctly. I think the RGB tool will be fun, but take a bit of learning.

Regards,

Alan.

I opened up my control panel and my last song i was working is just fine with this new version.

*sigh*

Just downloaded the new version, opened up a sequence, went to do a "chase" and my computer froze up right away...couldn't even CTRL-ALT-DEL out of it.

Probably my fault as I have a knack of making software programs freeze up...

Well...back to other Christmas things and will try again some other day I guess...

jimswinder wrote:

*sigh*

Just downloaded the new version, opened up a sequence, went to do a "chase" and my computer froze up right away...couldn't even CTRL-ALT-DEL out of it.

Probably my fault as I have a knack of making software programs freeze up...

Well...back to other Christmas things and will try again some other day I guess...

We most likely will not be able to fix the problem unless you help. Scores of people on a variety of PCs have not had any issue with the chase and none have been in a position where Ctrl-Alt-Del did not work.

If you can tell us the following:

Operating system being used? Does this problem repeat? If it does repeat can you send us the sequence and let us know exactly where you were trying to do a chase?

Thanks
Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Operating system being used? Does this problem repeat? If it does repeat can you send us the sequence and let us know exactly where you were trying to do a chase?

Thanks
Dan

Just tried to open up the Sequence Editor after having to shut down and got the following message:

I was going to get a new laptop just for LOR before the new version came out...guess I should have!! LOL

Will get one this weekend.

No problems with Windows 7 is there?

Attached files 208066=11567-LOR Error.jpg

obviously my computer is all screwed up. I notice if I hit "OK" to the above error, I git the following five error messages in order.

Attached files 208076=11568-LOR Error 2 copy.jpg

#6 and last

hard to read..it says:

Failed to load control 'vbalExplorerBarCtrl" from vbalExpBar6.ocx.Your cersion of vbalExpBar6.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of control that was provided with your application.

Have NO idea what that is or means...

Attached files 208081=11572-LOR Error 6.jpg

Will do...
Thanks Dan.

Will have to do it tomorrow...off to bed.

Edit:

Should I delete LORVis also?

Edit 2:

Great..I guess this might be a problem?

I "Browsed" to my Program Files and looked at the LOR Folder, but didn't see the installation file it seems to be looking for.

Attached files 208084=11573-lor error Remove software.j

Does this help? The LOR Diagnostics?

Registry: Shared
AppPath = C:Program FilesLight-O-Rama
UserDataPath = C:Documents and SettingsJimMy DocumentsLight-O-Rama
AudioPath = C:Documents and SettingsJimMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaAudio
NonAudioPath = C:Documents and SettingsJimMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences
PostInstall = True
PostInstallVer = 5
Reset = False
NetworkNetworkDasher = 0
NetworkNetworkLightORama = 4
NetworkLorSpeed = 2
NetworkNetworkX10 = 0
NetworkLorOldMCP = False
NetworkListNetworks = False
NetworkAuxALorSpeed = 2
NetworkAuxANetworkLightORama = 0
NetworkAuxBLorSpeed = 2
NetworkAuxBNetworkLightORama = 0
NetworkAuxCLorSpeed = 2
NetworkAuxCNetworkLightORama = 0
ActivationActivated = Not Set

Registry: Tray
ShowSplash = False
State = 2

Registry: Editor
NewAnimationPromptForDefaults = True
NewMusicalPromptForDefaults = True
RecentFilesFile1 = C:Documents and SettingsJimMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences2010 Christmas Eve Sarjaveo.lms
RecentFilesFile2 = C:Documents and SettingsJimMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesBand aid.lms
RecentFilesFile3 = C:Documents and SettingsJimMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesSandstorm Dan.lms
RecentFilesFile4 = C:DOCUME~1JimLOCALS~1TempTemporary Directory 1 for Sandstorm-Dan.zipDesktopSandstorm-Dan.lms
RecentFilesFile5 = C:Documents and SettingsJimMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences2010 If I Can't Have You.lms
RecentFilesFile6 = C:Documents and SettingsJimMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesTakin' Care Of Business.lms
RecentFilesFile7 = C:Documents and SettingsJimMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences2010 Bad Romance.lms
RecentFilesFile8 = C:Documents and SettingsJimMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequencesBad Romance.lms
RecentFilesFile9 = C:Documents and SettingsJimMy DocumentsLight-O-RamaSequences2010 Wizards In Winter 33.lms
RecentFilesFile10 = C:Documents and SettingsJimMy DocumentsLight-O-Rama2009 SequencesWizards in Winter.lms
ToolbarsShowStandard = False
ToolbarsShowTools = False

AppPath Contents
AudioConv.ocx 2.1.0.0
ChangeLog.txt
DigitalIOX.ocx 2.8.0.6
ExCooltipsLORMod.dll 2.8.0.6
LComm.ocx 2.8.0.6
LORActivation.dll 2.8.0.6
LORChannelIO.ocx 2.8.0.6
LORCommonUtils.dll 2.8.0.6
LORDiagnostic.exe 2.8.0.6
LORHardware.exe 2.8.0.6
LORHelp.chm
LORMonitor.exe 2.8.0.6
LORPost.exe 2.8.0.6
LORSchedule.exe 2.8.0.6
LORSequence.dll 2.8.0.6
LORSequenceEditor.exe 2.8.0.6
LORShellCmdMgr.dll 2.8.0.6
LORShow.exe 2.8.0.6
LORSimpleShowBuilder.exe 2.8.0.6
LORTray.exe 2.8.0.6
LORVerifier.exe 2.8.0.6
LORWinShell.dll 2.8.0.6
LORXywrap.dll 2.8.0.6
LOR_DeviceFile.txt
Media File
OfflineRegistration.exe 2.8.0.6
OfflineRegistrationBackend.dll 2.8.0.6
ServoDogUtility.exe 2.8.0.6
xerces-c_2_6.dll 2.5.0.0

Links in Start Menu

I "Browsed" to my Program Files and looked at the LOR Folder, but didn't see the installation file it seems to be looking for.

I would download the installer again, and run it. It should ask you whether you want to repair or remove; try repair.

If that fails, try remove, then reboot, then try to install it.

bob wrote:

I would download the installer again, and run it. It should ask you whether you want to repair or remove; try repair.

If that fails, try remove, then reboot, then try to install it.

I tried "Remove"...it couldn't find the file... (see above Attached Picture)

Will try reinstalling this evening when I get home.

Unless I'm mistaken, you went to Add/Remove Programs, selected Light-O-Rama, and selected Remove.

I'm suggesting to instead download the installer file, run the installer file, and select Remove.