• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• toddmoon

• Scott T

• TitusCarnathan

• jeffandnicole

I just purchased this.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6391796&Sku=N247-1042

Not sure how good the cams are, but I am more interested in the dvd unit. I will mount the cams around the house, but in some locales I will get some better quality ones.

Dave Batzdorf wrote:

I just purchased this.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6391796&Sku=N247-1042

Not sure how good the cams are, but I am more interested in the dvd unit. I will mount the cams around the house, but in some locales I will get some better quality ones.

I bought this shortly after I started this thread, These cameras are pretty good, i added 2 other Swan cameras and they are really bad, cant see anything in the dark.

That makes me really wonder about buying another 2 to fill the system. Seems to me the individual night owl cameras were not easy to find.

Rick

Dave Batzdorf wrote:

I just purchased this.

Let me know how it goes.. I am very interested in this setup.

toddmoon wrote:

I am curouis about how well those cameras work. I have been looking at the same system.

Before I would spend a cent I read ALL the customer reviews of the product, if they are somewhat even on good/bad, then I may consider it, if more good, definitely consider it, but if the bad reviews outweigh the good ones, I wouldn't touch it UNLESS it was given to me!

From what I see of the 9 reviews on the site thus far, it appears to be an okay system, but many state the cameras ARE NOT VERY GOOD and have used different cameras other than the ones it comes with. So that sort of puts it in my "I doubt I'd buy it if I have to replace the cameras for better ones."

But that's my opinion on that score.

We've run cameras and motion floods for years, even before light shows. The cameras are nice but a waste of money, the motion lights however, send them running every time.

Unless you know the vandals personally the officer will most likely not be able to identify the individuals in the video or do anything more. Found that out first hand, they are interested in looking at your cameras though.

We use a portable motion flood setup, weather proof box with an extension cord, and mount it to the backside of our display during the holidays. It plugs right into the power for the controllers and will trigger if anyone walks behind the display.

BrianC wrote:

We've run cameras and motion floods for years, even before light shows. The cameras are nice but a waste of money, the motion lights however, send them running every time.

Unless you know the vandals personally the officer will most likely not be able to identify the individuals in the video or do anything more. Found that out first hand, they are interested in looking at your cameras though.

We use a portable motion flood setup, weather proof box with an extension cord, and mount it to the backside of our display during the holidays. It plugs right into the power for the controllers and will trigger if anyone walks behind the display.

I put up two motion sensing lights this weekend on each corner of the front of the house...nice, but very touchy from a sensor standpoint, but I am interested Brian in this portable motion flood setup...give me some more info on that please

toddmoon wrote:

Have motion detector that that activates the sound of a shotgun being racked and loaded. That always get them! :shock:

Why am I reminded of Home Alone.. Angels with Dirty Souls.

"I Believes ya!... BUT MY TOMMY GUN DON'T!"

I just make sure my controllers are behind the fence, or in the garage. (my last house they were behind the fence, connected on my barn. But I moved this year, and I had to put them in the garage)

I was never really concerned in my last neighborhood with thieves, but I am a little worried in this new neighborhood since I don't know anyone. And there's a few people that look kinda shady..

I might get some flood lights.. This seems easy, cheap, and effective.