Light-O-Rama Forums

Ratings for CTB16PC capacity

gizmomkr

I just finished assembly of my forst board and was wondering whats the TRU OFFICIAL word on amps per chanel ?

The printed manual that came with my box of parts says 1 amp with low power heat sinks,

The PDF posted to the LOR page shows it as 4. Most of the posts I have seen say 1-2

I just want a sold number to go off. I'm sure it depends alot on ambient temp, airflow in your enclosure and how long you dimm a given load.

I get the goneral idea is : Dont let the Traic overheat - I just want to know whats safe.

Thanks.

Page 31 of the manual.

[align=left]Specifications[/align]
[align=left]Configuration Two banks of 8 channels[/align]
[align=left]Individual Channel[/align]
[align=left]Capacity[/align]
[align=left]1 amp – No Heat Sinks[/align]
[align=left]8 amps – Regular Heat Sinks[/align]
[align=left]Individual Bank[/align]
[align=left]Capacity[/align]
[align=left]8 amps – No Heat Sinks[/align]
[align=left]15 amps – Regular Heat Sinks[/align]
[align=left]Board Capacity[/align]
[align=left]Single Power Feed[/align]
[align=left]15 amps – No Heat Sinks[/align]
[align=left]15 amps – Regular Heat Sinks[/align]
[align=left]Board Capacity[/align]
[align=left]Dual Power Feed[/align]
[align=left]16 amps – No Heat Sinks[/align]
[align=left]30 amps – Regular Heat Sinks[/align]
[align=left]Supply Voltage 120/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz[/align]
[align=left]Fuses 15 amp fast acting[/align]
[align=left]Isolation Optos isolate line voltage from control logic[/align]
[align=left]Power Connections Quick connects (spade lugs)[/align]
[align=left]No Heat Sinks 6 ¾”w x 5 ¼”h x 1 ½”d[/align]
[align=left]Regular Heat Sinks 7 ¼”w x 6 ¾”h x 2 ¼”d[/align]
Plastic enclosure 9 ½”w x 11 ½”h x 3 ½”d

Anthony

Here is a summary for the various controllers, with the 2 most common controllers highlighted. 8A per channel if using regular high power heat sinks. However, 15A per 8 channel bank (1-8, 9-16). Therefore, if you use 8A on channel #1, then you only have 7A left to use between the remaining 7 channels in that bank (ch 2-8).

4262622834_dc04de43d4_o.jpg

Here is a summary of the CTB16PC controller specifically. I think you confusion comes with the type of heat sinks used.
4827116697_4580717cf0_b.jpg

gizmomkr wrote:

I just finished assembly of my forst board and was wondering whats the TRU OFFICIAL word on amps per chanel ?

The printed manual that came with my box of parts says 1 amp with low power heat sinks,

The PDF posted to the LOR page shows it as 4. Most of the posts I have seen say 1-2

I just want a sold number to go off. I'm sure it depends alot on ambient temp, airflow in your enclosure and how long you dimm a given load.

I get the goneral idea is : Dont let the Traic overheat - I just want to know whats safe.

Thanks.

With the low power heatsinks we recommend no more than 8 amps per bank of 8 channels with a max on one channel of 4 amps.

Dan

gizmomkr wrote:

Thanks.

With the low power heatsinks we recommend no more than 8 amps per bank of 8 channels with a max on one channel of 4 amps.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...