Light-O-Rama Forums

Box for LOR

Guest guest

• 3 weeks later...

Enclosures!!!! I've been going around in circles! I have three 16d's and so for I'm planning to use a "rubbermaid" type of box with some support inside, 1" standoffs, and holes in the bottom for cables. I worry about sinking the heat from the boards with no venting except the holes in the bottom. A metal enclosure would solve the problem there, but the $'s are getting short by now! I thought that a totally sealed unit would create condensation in high humidity, and also with an open bottom for cables, I worry about the lizards finding a warm home (in Florida). We are expecting a wet winter, so I'll mount them off the ground with stakes. I'm also wrestling with the old ground issue. I'd really like to run 12/4 and forget the grounds! I plan on using plastic enclosures, and the ground would simply be hooked up to the chassis (i.e. heat sink mountings), but wet grass, 110v, and no ground seems, oh I don't know, scary? So...Before I jump off the cliff, any advice from those who have gone before me?