Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas on manor - Rainbow Floodlight

gizmomkr

I know the guy that makes them frequents the board - but I wanted to see some photos from those using them and get an idea of brightness vs distance, and find out the type of case or lense people were using.

The photos from the site look incredible, just a bit hard to believe. Wondering how much is true to life vs camera exposure.

Feedback from anyone using these (or other rainbow boards) but mostly intersted in floodlight.

I ordered and received ten of the pre-assembled rainbow wall washers. I had a chance to connect four of them to a DC LOR board and tested them sitting on my desk in the house. I was impressed from what I saw there - so much so that I just placed an order for five of the rainbow spots.

I have purchased the clear fluorescent lamp protective tubing and a few other materials to build housings for the wall washers, but have not gotten to the actual assembly yet. My plan is to use the wall washers to illuminate eight one foot wide X five foot tall columns on the front of my home. Hopefully I will get a chance to test them outside on the columns later this month. I'll report back on how they look for that application.

Planning to use the spots to uplight three medium size trees in the front yard. Still need to aquire the housings for those.

GV

Sorry, I don't have any pictures, but have just finished putting my tenth one together. I have tested them outside as I finished them and they are extremely bright. In the past, I have used the regular incandescent, colored flood lights in my display. These put those to shame in color saturation and coverage, not to mention, you don't have the hot spot of a regular floodlight. Very consistent, even lighting, and umpteen million colors to choose from. If in doubt, just buy one and try it out. If you don't like it, I am sure someone on the board will be willing to buy it from you, but I think you will be happy.