Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16KS vs CTB16PC

Joe2000

In reading their descriptions they appear very similar. Neither has ID switches?, Are for Add-on, Cost of course.
Anyone help further? Thanks in advance.

Joe

I do not know about the KS but if you use the PC you will have to have them hooked to a computer to get them to work.

I have used 4 the last 3 years & had no problems. ( CTB16PC)

Mike

I don't know anything about a KS either but the letter K, as in CTB16K, stands for kit. It is the exacct same board as the CTB16PC except you do the soldering. The CTB16PC boards (20+) work fine for me also.

The ctb16ks has screw terminals where you connect your channels. The ctb16pc uses 1/4 inch spades, and you put quick connects on your wires. The ctb16pc you can order an enclosure from LOR and have a complete unit. The ctb16ks, you will need to come up with your own enclosure.

Essentially they function the same. As stated before they both have to be a slave on the network. Either connected to a computer, MP3 director or have a Deluxe board that can has some on board program storage area.

The KS version is definately a solder together kit. The PC version you can get at various degrees of do it yourself, from full solder to simply assembly.

Chuck

I was going to run the show from a lap top last year, but like was mentioned above the "MP3 director unit" does a great job running the show .............and all 3 are on sale.........even the MP3/Showtime controller is on sale.

I use the mini-MP3 director unit and it works great, but there is no built in timer so you need to add an external one.

The CTB16PC controllers works with any of the Lor controllers.

They work in very cold temperatures just like they said "Good to -40 they say", well they worked at -46.2c which is -51.1Farh..

That is what we had for temps during the week before Christmas.

lightzilla wrote:

I was going to run the show from a lap top last year, but like was mentioned above the "MP3 director unit" does a great job running the show .............and all 3 are on sale.........even the MP3/Showtime controller is on sale.

I use the mini-MP3 director unit and it works great, but there is no built in timer so you need to add an external one.

I agree from my experience too. The mini-MP3 was a cinch to setup and no need running cables outside from a computer. Great audio quality. Ran my CTB16PC controllers flawlessly. No USB adapter needed--cat5 plugs directly into the mini-director. Used a digital timer such as below which turned on the mini-director and my FM station sign light (liked the digital timer since you could program it for different on/off times for each day of the week, and it turned on precisely at 5:30 rather than "around" 5:30 like the mechanical type timers do).

06694.jpg

lightzilla wrote:

They work in very cold temperatures just like they said "Good to -40 they say", well they worked at -46.2c which is -51.1Farh..

That just aint right. Nothing should work at temperatures that low. It just aint natural I tell you. Thats just plain Evil and un-Godly. :cool: