Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB-16D-QC

Ponddude

Was looking over the sale page and was just wondering why type of connectors are used for the quick connects. Seems like something I may need another end for (to plug into the board) and wanted to get going early.

Dan and co., do you have a picture of the boards or even a picture of the connector?

I'm thinking 1/4" male blade connectors, like on the DIORLY 8-Channel Relay.
But not sure?

I agree in part. More than likely it is the same connector that is found on the CTB16-PC (the board without the screw terminals). So you are going to want the FEMALE 1/4" quick connects like you find on appliances.

Max-Paul wrote:

I agree in part. More than likely it is the same connector that is found on the CTB16-PC (the board without the screw terminals). So you are going to want the FEMALE 1/4" quick connects like you find on appliances.

If they are, Mouser has them (if you need a lot) or else Home Depot.

For 16-14 AWG - Blue

http://mouser.com/ProductDetail/Tyco-Electronics/3-350820-2/?qs=PYuwUcyJEnGYtcefCeGluw%3d%3d

For 22-18 AWG - Red

http://mouser.com/ProductDetail/Tyco-Electronics/2-520184-2/?qs=%252bHUO%252bPuWh%2fq62Bq5SajX4g%3d%3d

If you're not building a bazillion boards, the price at Lowes or Home Depot actually isn't bad, if you by per 100... This is especially true if you're not ordering other stuff from Mouser/whereever and have to pay s&h.

Tim Fischer wrote:

If you're not building a bazillion boards, the price at Lowes or Home Depot actually isn't bad, if you by per 100... This is especially true if you're not ordering other stuff from Mouser/whereever and have to pay s&h.

Well..I wouldn't say a bazillion...unless you consider 30 boards a bazillion! LOL

Because at 16 channels times 2 leads per channel times 30 boards equals 960 receptacles...

and that doesn't even include the ones for the power cords and/or jumpers.

Ponddude wrote:

Was looking over the sale page and was just wondering why type of connectors are used for the quick connects. Seems like something I may need another end for (to plug into the board) and wanted to get going early.

Dan and co., do you have a picture of the boards or even a picture of the connector?

The connectors are the same as the ones on the CTB16PC card. 1/4" spade connectors.

Dan

Guest wbottomley

LightORamaDan wrote:

Ponddude wrote:

The connectors are the same as the ones on the CTB16PC card. 1/4" spade connectors.

Dan

Good!

In for two.

LightORamaDan wrote:

Ponddude wrote:

Dan

Thanks Dan!!

glad I hung around, when I was thinking quick disconnect I was thinking like a speaker hook up, hold down a button, stick wire in and let go of button. Think I will just order the current model to get it here in time to use in my landscaping project. and alass I am not lucky enough for tryforfree

jimswinder wrote:

Well..I wouldn't say a bazillion...unless you consider 30 boards a bazillion! LOL

30 boards = 480 new channels = way more than me = "a bazillion" ;)

huskernut wrote:

and alass I am not lucky enough for tryforfree

it's like the lottery...

your chances are one in zero if you don't buy a ticket... ;)

jimswinder wrote:

I would consider 30 boards a great start!!!

Shubb wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

I would consider 30 boards a great start!!!

I would consider 30 boards is 480 channels. Someone was a bad boy. Now your punishment will be to program 480 channels to several Christmas tunes. Best get your nose to the grind stone Jim. :shock: ;)

Tim Fischer wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

30 boards = 480 new channels = way more than me = "a bazillion" ;)

“We're Not Worthy!

256gzme.jpg

Max-Paul wrote:

Best get your nose to the grind stone Jim. :shock: :)

Ya I know...

was hoping the new and improved Sequencing Software would be released by the end of July so I wouldn't have to grind so much off the ole nose...

though, I have always wanted a nose job... ;)

jimswinder wrote:

Max-Paul wrote:
Best get your nose to the grind stone Jim. :shock: ;)

Ya I know...

was hoping the new and improved Sequencing Software would be released by the end of July so I wouldn't have to grind so much off the ole nose...

though, I have always wanted a nose job... :P
I am a terrible speller as it is. So, my french might not be much better. Touche missour, well said. :D