Light-O-Rama Forums

Post Philly Mini Results

Guest Guest

Guest wbottomley

For those that didn't attend, it was fantastic!

I saw many friends that I know and meet new ones too!

Dan's presentation on the new software coming out will blow many away. By the way, if you ever meet him, he's really a nice person and puts tremendous time in his product.

This software has many new features that will help sequence faster and easier.

July is shaping up to be an exciting month!

Can't wait until the 2011 Philly mini!

By the way Andy, you need new wipers! LOL!
IMG00182.jpg

Forgot to add... we had a chance to see the XMAS flood, 4th generation. It looks great!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dan Ancona

• rwertz

• jimswinder

• GS

William,

I agree totally with you, it was great to finally put faces with the posts. It bummed me out that I had to leave before it got dark and the lights were lit up, but am definately looking forward to next year.

greg

OK, this is the second post I've read tonight saying how great the new software is going to be, but nobody is spilling the beans. Annoying! :) :) :dude:

Great to hear that the new version is close at hand and evidently pretty cool. As I said on the other forum, when do we mere mortals get to find out about it? ;)

Mountainwxman wrote:

Dan's presentation on the new software coming out will blow many away.

So many questions...

Like, will it be out in time for us to start sequencing this years stuff (like before August)?

And is it on par or better than what Light Show Pro can do now?

Mountainwxman wrote:

For those that didn't attend, it was fantastic!

I saw many friends that I know and meet new ones too!

Dan's presentation on the new software coming out will blow many away. By the way, if you ever meet him, he's really a nice person and puts tremendous time in his product.

This software has many new features that will help sequence faster and easier.

July is shaping up to be an exciting month!

Can't wait until the 2011 Philly mini!

By the way Andy, you need new wipers! LOL!

Forgot to add... we had a chance to see the XMAS flood, 4th generation. It looks great!

Luckily it wasn't raining.

I had a great time. Thanks to Andy for hosting and Chuck for everything he did. Thanks to Paul, The Elf, and Dan B. for providing some very nice door prizes (especially the CCR that I won).

The (somewhat informal) presentation from Dan was great. There were a lot of new features discussed and it was interesting to hear some of the history and stories behind the company.

I look forward to seeing everyone again in the future.

I agree, Andy did a great job with the set up! Lot of shade, chairs, and tables, very comfortable.

Thank you Andy!

Dan was a machine with his tip, tricks, and new features for the next LOR release and beyond. His presentation had to be done in 2 sessions, there was so much information. Very informative and entertaining, thanks Dan!

Great to meet everyone from the NJ area. I don't care what they say about NJ, it's not that bad :)

Weber tree, century tree, arches, RGB wall, and Annalisa's scary bag of light stuff. What more could you want.

Thanks everyone!

Glenn

Tim Fischer wrote:

OK, this is the second post I've read tonight saying how great the new software is going to be, but nobody is spilling the beans. Annoying! :) :) :dude:

Great to hear that the new version is close at hand and evidently pretty cool. As I said on the other forum, when do we mere mortals get to find out about it? :)

Were sorry....we have all now been sworn to secrete and took the LOR OATH not to spill the beans. Dan is a fantastic Gentleman and his Family is even more wonderful than you could imagine.

Yes, the software exist, and Yes the Flood will Blow the compitition away!

Oh, I will throw up lots of photos this afternoon/tonight. Some great results on the RGB Flood compittion. Very impressed with design and performance of Rainbow products!

I want to thank Andy and his family for letting us all have the mini at his house.

It was great to see the Weber tree lit up. It will look real cool come Christmas after Andy sequences it properly. Enjoyed seeing Chuck"s century tree and his discussion of how he uses SSRs was informative. The LED curtain is very cool but not sure that it is something I need.

I enjoyed meeting LightOramaDan. Nice to know that the man behind LightOrama is such a nice guy. The new sequencing software looks to make sequencing the CCR easier. Plus the smart tools to do chases were cool. Ok I spilled a few things hope I do not get thrown under the bus for having loose lips. ALSO I think we will all get to play with the software come August. The LOR flood looks promising whenever it meets Dan's standards. Wish that we could have seen the LED light string that may be in the future. OK, now I definitely have loose lips.

Great meeting everyone. It is quiet a fun and creative bunch of people.

Thanks again to Andy, food was delicious and plentiful, you were a great host.
Hope to see you all next year.

Ed P wrote:

I want to thank Andy and his family for letting us all have the mini at his house.

It was great to see the Weber tree lit up. It will look real cool come Christmas after Andy sequences it properly. Enjoyed seeing Chuck"s century tree and his discussion of how he uses SSRs was informative. The LED curtain is very cool but not sure that it is something I need.

I enjoyed meeting LightOramaDan. Nice to know that the man behind LightOrama is such a nice guy. The new sequencing software looks to make sequencing the CCR easier. Plus the smart tools to do chases were cool. Ok I spilled a few things hope I do not get thrown under the bus for having loose lips. ALSO I think we will all get to play with the software come August. The LOR flood looks promising whenever it meets Dan's standards. Wish that we could have seen the LED light string that may be in the future. OK, now I definitely have loose lips.

Great meeting everyone. It is quiet a fun and creative bunch of people.

Thanks again to Andy, food was delicious and plentiful, you were a great host.
Hope to see you all next year.

Your ok....KEY word "think":D:D

Guest wbottomley

Now, with some rest I can think a little better.

Andy, thank you! Both you and cenote did a marvelous job.

Tim P and Cenote, thank you for picking me up and taking me back to the airport. Had to sit on the runway for 1/2 hour before taking off. 2 dozen planes were waiting behind us, lol.

Since I technically don't know LSP, the features it has from people talking, LOR 2's new version will be in the same boat.

I personally think many will be pleased with the initial release. And, the way I understand, more features will be incorporated as "this" season get's closer.

Ok... I better shut up before Dan comes after me.:)

For everyone else that attended, thank you for extending a warm welcome to this southern accent, sweet tea drinking, & redneck madman, lol.

WOW!! what a day and a heck of a time. First off MY THANKS!!!!!! THANKS to Andy and his family for hosting the best mini's I have ever been too. His wife was tremendously kind and helpful, Andy's kids were like 2 saints. The food, the tents, chairs, and the pool just made for a magnificant time. The food was out early in the morn and kept on getting changed out all day long with fresher and different food, felt like on a cruise ship.

THANKS to Chuck Note!!!!!!!! This man has put Soooo much time into this mini all the way from coorganizing this event with Andy to extensive testing and research on floods and other products. Also thanks Chuck for driving William back to the airport and so much more. Now one has a clue on how much you care about all of us and this hobbie. Thanks for all of your thoughtfulness.

THANKS to ALL of us who decided to attend, yes with out all of us , it never would have happened. There were so many great people attending with so many talents and skills, it was awesome. We all know it took time away from out family's and required some either driving/time/gas, flying, and train. Planes trains and automobiles indeed!!!!

Last, THANKS to DAN BALDWIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks to Dan's wife Mary and his sone Alex. Alex along with Andy's kids and my 2 sons Tyler and Zachary, all played so well together. thanks kiddies!

DAN BALDWIN took the time out his busy schedule to not only join us, but drove 7 1/2 hours with an arrival time of 3:30 AM Saturaday morning. This trip should have taken approx 4 1/2 hours. Apparently Dan's consciousness wouldnt allow him to accept some of the items he forgot, items he felt was critical to our mini. After driving aways, and realizing he forgot something, Dan decided to go back and get it. THE FUNNY part of this is, it happened twice. This is exactly the kind of consciousness, care and efforts that Dan's implements into his business practice.

It is evident that Dan invests HUGE and ENDLESS amounts of time, testing, design, research and playing into this company. This is by no means a Dan Baldwin ass kissing party, and you didn't have to be at the mini to know this, however being at Andy's yesterday, it was proven.

LOR NEW SOFTWARE- First let me say that I have dabbled in the Light Show Pro's trial program (like many others, testing the water). Although I'm an LOR user, I wanted to see and test the strong competetion. I did not spend alot of time and certainly didn't master it, but got the general idea. LSP pro seems very interesting and possibly useful. It appears you would have to drop everything you know about LOR and start with a clean slate (speaking of how you approach sequencing). It is just different than LOR sequence editor. Now, the point of me trying to test and gather up as much info as I could on LSP (approx 4 days worth, which isn't enough to fully review a program like that), was to compare to what Dan was going to show us on Saturday.

Please keep in mind, this is what I witnessed and is only my opinion. I don't want to say that LSP is complex, but it is more involved, more current almost like a newer audio editing programs , or maybe a video editing program. Now what I like about what Dan and his team is doing, they are trying to keep the simplistic look and keep the platform that we are all used to, yet apply all the modern day , useful features. Yes , features that I thought were needed big time and the very cool things that I saw in the LSP program. SO, YES!! Dan and team has added features and made the new software very interesting and useful. It appears we will be able to do wonderful things very quickly, yet still keeping it simply and easy on the eye. Also, please note that Dan made it clear that they were still working some final things, but IT WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON. based off of what I heard, soon, soon like before August, but again I'm not promising , nor stating it is a fact. It is coming FOR SURE, but one of the things we all have learned is not to talk to much about a product that is not physically in the hands of the end user until it is in the end users hand. We are all excited including Dan, but don't want to say something wrong. I can tell you, I am anxiously awaiting the software.

Unfortunatly, I had to leave late in the day and go to a Baby Shower :), but many of others stayed into the late night and went through a huge demo of a matrix screen, LED/RGB floods, a weber tree that Andy built in a day or two (very impressive feat and great looking), and Chuck Note's tree. I am hoping we will get some pics and a killer review on the night activities. I spoke to Chuck last night (Saturday night) around 11:30 and many were still there going strong, some in the pool and I think maybe a few beverages may have come out. It sounded like an unbelievable night.

It's now Sunday, I'm beat and burnt from that sun yesterday. My kids are like tiny lobsters. Yes my wifed is pissed. Anyone else get burnt??

Take care all, and lets hear your storys,comments and questions.

Tim

A couple more things. Thanks to all the people who donated door prizes. The Demented Elf, Paul S , Dan B and any others. HUGE THANKS, we all love the door prizes.

Also, Andy, my kids thank you for the pool, they loved and are still talking about it.

Although, I don't remember everyone, but nice to meet and/or see Anson, Sally, Annalisa, Little guy (9 yr old sequencer) and his mommy from Springfiled pa, roy, Downtown Dave, Kirk, John, Ed, Cozzi, Tim, Dano Nj, Reg, and everyone else.

Thanks to Greg Renna and other who sent stuff to the mini who couldn't attend. I hear thos Ponddude flood looked good.

Take care

Hey William, maybe the wiper was going to the billboard on the right "LOL" Like Tim F. said, when do we mere mortals get to find out about it? :)

There seems to be a lot of discussion on the forums about support for RGB elements and even a complete RGB display. Since I'm not one of them, I don't have much interest in fancy RGB support. (Although I did recently acquire a CCR)

For me I'd rather see features that make what I'm already doing easier. Dan discussed and displayed a lot of enhancements in that area yesterday. Things like the ability to automatically create a chase on an arch or mega tree, and a fill tool that recognizes an effect that you've started and completes it for you are a lot more useful to me.

The Recent Tools and Saved Tools will be a big time saver for me. I think it's great that Dan and company are trying to give us the ability to accomplish the things we do repetitively with a single click

The Intelligent Whatchamacallit was very impressive. It might take a little time to get used to. But I'm sure that I'm going to love the time it saves me.

Hopefully I haven't said anything here that Mary would kick me for saying :)

rwertz wrote:

The Recent Tools and Saved Tools will be a big time saver for me. I think it's great that Dan and company are trying to give us the ability to accomplish the things we do repetitively with a single click

Layering! No more going back to clean up over written chases!

rwertz wrote:

Layering! No more going back to clean up over written chases!

Tim P wrote:

SO, YES!! Dan and team has added features and made the new software very interesting and useful. It appears we will be able to do wonderful things very quickly, yet still keeping it simply and easy on the eye. Also, please note that Dan made it clear that they were still working some final things, but IT WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON.

I hope it comes out before August...or else it won't be beneficial (at least for me) for this years show.

I also hope all the new features aren't just for the CCR users...

But from all the reviews, sounds like another great product from LOR...

The delete key will clear all commands in a selection. I can't tell you how many times I've hit the delete key and then stared at the screen wondering why it didn't work.