Light-O-Rama Forums

Resistor Network

Joe Rayburn

First off I am a newby. I received a CTB-16KV6 kit (blue board) and an completed up to page 15 in the assembly manual. For the R2 resistor network the instructions say to install R2 with Dot on right Marking (10X-1-103 ) Well my problem is I do not have a resistor network with 10X-1-103. I do have a black bodied resistor network with #CTSK0831770101103P With what may be a possible dot before the part #. It does show approxmiately 10Kohms resistance between the 2 end pins. Is this a subistute part, or do I hace the wrong part? If this is a workable part do I install it with the dot to the right even though the number on the part will be faceing the top part of the board? Sorry for the long post just to try to get a couple of ? answered. Thanks for any help !!!

Joe Rayburn wrote:

First off I am a newby. I received a CTB-16KV6 kit (blue board) and an completed up to page 15 in the assembly manual. For the R2 resistor network the instructions say to install R2 with Dot on right Marking (10X-1-103 ) Well my problem is I do not have a resistor network with 10X-1-103. I do have a black bodied resistor network with #CTSK0831770101103P With what may be a possible dot before the part #. It does show approxmiately 10Kohms resistance between the 2 end pins. Is this a subistute part, or do I hace the wrong part? If this is a workable part do I install it with the dot to the right even though the number on the part will be faceing the top part of the board? Sorry for the long post just to try to get a couple of ? answered. Thanks for any help !!!

That's R2. Different companies have there own unique part numbers. The important part of the number is the 103, this represents 10 and 3 zeros or 10,000.

Here is the part.

http://mouser.com/ProductDetail/CTS/770101103P/?qs=hbgUSdfWRJUOdRwRmzl%2fOg%3d%3d

Joe Rayburn wrote:

Ok, note your 10X-1-103 and look at the CT number when I highlight the important part. CTSK0831770101103P, now lets add the dashes and what do you have 10-1-103. As Dennis has already said, it is the same part just made by someone else and they (LOR) did not update their manual.

Max-Paul wrote:

Ok, note your 10X-1-103 and look at the CT number when I highlight the important part. CTSK0831770101103P, now lets add the dashes and what do you have 10-1-103. As Dennis has already said, it is the same part just made by someone else and they (LOR) did not update their manual.

There is supposed to be a substitution sheet in the kit. Will check into it.