Light-O-Rama Forums

Snow Machine

Louis Mayer

The snow machine was working fine, but now it only shoots the snow fluid out the front sock - and then it gets too saturated and starts to drip but no snow - the fan is blowing and I know the pump is working

What do you think?

It is a Chauvet SM-150X

Your profile doesn't list what part of the country you're from. Maybe it's too warm to make snow where you are...

The fake snow is not dependent on temperature. If it was it would have been hard to test mine in the 100+ degree summers out where I live.

Another question is do you make your own fluid for the snow? If so the rubbing alcohol can cause it not to work if it has been stored for a long period of time. Could also be an issue if the snow fluid if it was exposed to air for some time.

If you did make the mix make sure the portions are correct and you did not forget the bubble mix or not add enough?

George Simmons wrote:
"Maybe it's too warm to make snow where you are..."

meaker wrote:

The fake snow is not dependent on temperature.

lol..I guess some people don't get your sense of humor George...

jimswinder wrote:

lol..I guess some people don't get your sense of humor George...

There's no-doubt that you are correct Jim... but that's never stopped me before. It's difficult for people to expand their minds without being pushed to do so, so I'll just have to keep on pushing...

Snow Machines.................something we do not need up this way where I live. We went from 70F to 28F in 1 day and had snow and winds gusting to 55 mph and it is getting cooler over the next few days.

You are certainly welcome to move here if you like the snow that much. lol

• The topic was locked