Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone else trying out the new Firefly units?

tboerjan

Guys,

thanks for the info... I will continue to monitor this post, some good info. I'll probably hold off for awhile on these.

greg

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thebaronn

• Paul Roberson

• Duke

• tboerjan

Greg wrote:

Guys,

thanks for the info... I will continue to monitor this post, some good info. I'll probably hold off for awhile on these.

greg

LOL!!!!

Come on get at least 2 and join the TSG*

* (trouble shooting gang):D

Peter B wrote:

Does anyone know the rough price of these FF, please :shock:.

On their website it just says contact for price.

Thanks Guy's.

Pete.

They have suspended sales of FF until these actually work:D

They were aroung $180 I think. I can't remember the last price I saw listed on their website.

If you click on "call for price" on their website it sends you to a email page. Email them and see what they say, and let us know what they say. They mey be giving these away now.:D

Peter B wrote:

Does anyone know the rough price of these FF, please :shock:.

On their website it just says contact for price.

Thanks Guy's.

Pete.

I purchased mine for $160 plus shipping.

I must report. I ran the troubled pixel strings in the garage for about 6 hours early today. Did not see any problems. While they were running I did some more sealing on the pixel housings.

I have put FF on a timer that comes on approx. 15 min.(mechanical timer) before show time, and turns them off around 45 min past the scheduled shutdown hour. There was no rain this evening and no fog. FF ran without any problems that I noticed all night. I got another digital timer to allow me to turn them on closer to actual show time.

I watched my show quite a bit tonight even did some test videoing with a new camera we got today. We got a JVC Everio GZ-MG330.

This was a good night I must say. No noticed problems from FF, and I did not see any CDI LEDs out!!

Duke wrote:

Paul,

Knock on wood

I know thats right!!!

I was actually scared to report that:shock: (fingers crossed)

Our show ran almost without error last night but the error was due to a triac that failed in it's on state on a LOR controller. The FF's were once again 100%. I attribute that due to lack of rain. We have had snow but with wind as well and I suspect it has not intruded into the FF housings. If it has, then they have not got warm enough to melt it and cause the problems.

Paul Roberson wrote:

I must report. I ran the troubled pixel strings in the garage for about 6 hours early today. Did not see any problems. While they were running I did some more sealing on the pixel housings.

I have put FF on a timer that comes on approx. 15 min.(mechanical timer) before show time, and turns them off around 45 min past the scheduled shutdown hour. There was no rain this evening and no fog. FF ran without any problems that I noticed all night. I got another digital timer to allow me to turn them on closer to actual show time.

I watched my show quite a bit tonight even did some test videoing with a new camera we got today. We got a JVC Everio GZ-MG330.

This was a good night I must say. No noticed problems from FF, and I did not see any CDI LEDs out!!

Let me know ASAP when you post video taken with that camera, thanks!

Eric

Will do Eric.

Back again to report No rain No fog No problems!!!

FF and 08 CDI LED still working fine with no rain!!

I lost a string of 100 ct multi's from CDI on the Marty Fan on roof. They're not getting fixed because the roof is covered with thick snow/ice and I do not have a death wish. This is exactly why I wanted DURABLE led's. FireFlys were flawless once again. Maybe if we pour that thick "Build 50" stuff all over em......... nah forget it. I just dated myself.

Duke wrote:

I lost a string of 100 ct multi's from CDI on the Marty Fan on roof. They're not getting fixed because the roof is covered with thick snow/ice and I do not have a death wish. This is exactly why I wanted DURABLE led's. FireFlys were flawless once again. Maybe if we pour that thick "Build 50" stuff all over em......... nah forget it. I just dated myself.

I'm with you. I but I was wondering if the have a clear version of that stuff that you dip the ends of your tools in to give them a rubber grip.....and is it waterproof??

Duke wrote:

LOL....I was thinking what the he!! is that.

thebaronn wrote:

for those of you who received replacement strings, how did it take d-light to responde to your email that you had flickering pixels?

I don't think there was a reply. When they posted what to do if you had flickering pixels (name, address, how many) I emailed them my information. I think the next thing I got from them was a shipping notice.

I did email them last week about what was going on with getting the water problem fixed and have not heard anything from them.

I am pretty sure no one will get any replacement pixel strings until they get some "improved" strings from the factory. That is just me guessing though.

I have tried to seal my strings with silicone and it has rained all day and the fog is very thick and my mini trees keep tripping the GFCI. However FF is not flickering. I do have a #2 pixel stuck on red. :X

EDIT

SonOfA#(%$! One of my FF is flickering now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Roberson wrote:

thebaronn wrote:
for those of you who received replacement strings, how did it take d-light to responde to your email that you had flickering pixels?

I don't think there was a reply. When they posted what to do if you had flickering pixels (name, address, how many) I emailed them my information. I think the next thing I got from them was a shipping notice.

I did email them last week about what was going on with getting the water problem fixed and have not heard anything from them.

I am pretty sure no one will get any replacement pixel strings until they get some "improved" strings from the factory. That is just me guessing though.

I have tried to seal my strings with silicone and it has rained all day and the fog is very thick and my mini trees keep tripping the GFCI. However FF is not flickering. I do have a #2 pixel stuck on red. :X

EDIT

SonOfA#(%$! One of my FF is flickering now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!

So as you know I have 4 FF in arch form using 4 zip ties and then one that I use for the Mega tree that is nailed, stapled, wrapped and has 8ft rods sitting on top of them, and the rods are nailed down in multiple places per rod..............

Only one FF unit is stuck on all the time...........I'll give you one guess.

This totally ruins everything.

Oh! So who wants to know what a genius i am?

So my mega tree as always on, except for channels 1-4 (woohoo!!!)

And i cant leave well enough alone so Im out side is cold weather(now I know I'm in CA and all you crazies in like -100 below are like, huh? but the weather out here makes you a wimp when it comes to cold. If it snowed here, there would be no lights, only a badda$$ indoor display)

And i notice that my strp has come loose and the end of the FF unit has come out of the bag and the weight has pulled it through another strap to where the end of the FF is sticking straight up in the air exposed to the elements!!!! LOL!!!

And the rain comes down and says "wow look at this easy opening we can get in, yeah! I wonder what electronics are down here that we can toast?"

LOL!!!

I fixed mine. :dude:

Last night after I saw one of the pixel strings flickering again and posted about it. I did not look outside again until after midnight. There was no flickering coming from any of the FF units. Although I do have them on a timer now that turns them off at 11:45.;):D:X

PAUL! THAT'S GREAT!!!

I need you to fix mine too!

It rained here today and I left FF's powered since last night. In fact I've left them powered ever since I got them all dry and no flickers or stickers. Until today. A black circuit was spasing at about noon today. We've had misty drizzle here. Total crap weather. Anyway, I brought the errant string in and I have the arch re-wrapped it with a newer white circuit that wigged out on me earlier but now seems fine. I made sure all the vented caps are screwed on tightly and it's ready to put out but not until 30 minutes before the show just in case. Yes I said vented. If you look REALLY close you can see and feel 4 little notches that can say "Come On In" to water. I got too comfy with the strings working for a while and did not prep the extras I had to try and make them at least rain tight. I would have removed the caps and put a bead around the edge and put them back on to seal them as well as the back casing and where the wires enter/exit as well.

Aside from all that......

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to ALL!