Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16 vs Pixcon16

scodavis

4 minutes ago, scodavis said:

@dibblejr So it sounds like the general concensus is that I should go the Pixie16 route, and combine networks so I can make my Aux B network a dedicated ELOR for the new pixel controller.

4 minutes ago, scodavis said:

@dibblejr So it sounds like the general concensus is that I should go the Pixie16 route, and combine networks so I can make my Aux B network a dedicated ELOR for the new pixel controller.

Correct but any G3 controller will work with the pixie on the ELOR network. I have 12-14 networks all ELOR

Just for ease the pixie may be the best option.

If you go over 100 pixels per channel you will need to set that pixie up as a pixcon16 and use the same unit ID you assigned to the pixie16.

This will allow you to select 101-170 pixels per port

JR

1 hour ago, scodavis said:

@dibblejr Not sure what NP is, but I run all of my Pixie2 controllers at the 1000K speed (non-enhanced) and they work great.  My AC controllers, of course, are set to 500K.

I run all of my Pixie2's at 1,000K, Enhanced and I just bought them this year in 2020, they were part of the Singing Christmas Tree packages I purchased, Ralphie and Zuzu, and they worked just fine at 1,000K Enhanced, I tried non-Enhanced and I didn't have the RGB lights working on them at all.   I am also running my shows from the newest N4-G3 [G4] MP3 Director unit I also purchased this year in 2020 as well.   Worked great from it at 1,000K, Enhanced, Aux B settings, but again, did not work if the network was NON-Enhanced or was extremely erratic when it tried to work with that setting.   Kind of surprised it's working for you, but could depend on computer system settings too I suppose.

3 hours ago, Orville said:

I run all of my Pixie2's at 1,000K, Enhanced and I just bought them this year in 2020, they were part of the Singing Christmas Tree packages I purchased, Ralphie and Zuzu, and they worked just fine at 1,000K Enhanced, I tried non-Enhanced and I didn't have the RGB lights working on them at all.   I am also running my shows from the newest N4-G3 [G4] MP3 Director unit I also purchased this year in 2020 as well.   Worked great from it at 1,000K, Enhanced, Aux B settings, but again, did not work if the network was NON-Enhanced or was extremely erratic when it tried to work with that setting.   Kind of surprised it's working for you, but could depend on computer system settings too I suppose.

Yes, non enhance means no lights for any pixie controllers. Or at least as mentioned above "in most cases".

However as we have discussed before the 100K says "for pixcon16 only". Perhaps there is a difference in the pixie 2 but 3 or 4 days ago the guy I helped had no pixel tree until he turned off 1000K and set it to 500K enhanced of course.

JR

On 8/20/2020 at 11:28 PM, dibblejr said:

Yes, non enhance means no lights for any pixie controllers. Or at least as mentioned above "in most cases".

However as we have discussed before the 100K says "for pixcon16 only". Perhaps there is a difference in the pixie 2 but 3 or 4 days ago the guy I helped had no pixel tree until he turned off 1000K and set it to 500K enhanced of course.

JR

What I find amusing it does say that in the Network Configuration utility, but in the HUB, it says the Pixie can run at 1,000K.  Wonder why those 2 programs don't agree? LOL   But I could set the Pixie to 1,000K in the Network Config and it worked, even though it says 1,000K is only for PixCon16 only.   Does make you kind of scracth your head and go hmmmmm? LOL

11 hours ago, Orville said:

What I find amusing it does say that in the Network Configuration utility, but in the HUB, it says the Pixie can run at 1,000K.  Wonder why those 2 programs don't agree? LOL   But I could set the Pixie to 1,000K in the Network Config and it worked, even though it says 1,000K is only for PixCon16 only.   Does make you kind of scracth your head and go hmmmmm? LOL

Even more amusing is that if you look at the LOR network speeds page:  http://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

Scroll down to "Pixel Controllers" and you'll see a blue checkmark in the 1000K column for every type of Pixie device.

On 8/22/2020 at 5:54 PM, scodavis said:

Even more amusing is that if you look at the LOR network speeds page:  http://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

Scroll down to "Pixel Controllers" and you'll see a blue checkmark in the 1000K column for every type of Pixie device.

Went to look at the page to refresh my memory on some things, and seems the Light-O-Rama main website is down or having some issues this morning {Sunday 9:15am, August 30,2020}, I got a "time out warning" every time I tried to access the link, then tried some links I have saved that I know work, same issue.   Surprised the forum is up and running, but maybe the forum isn't connected to the main site like the other areas are?

39 minutes ago, Orville said:

Went to look at the page to refresh my memory on some things, and seems the Light-O-Rama main website is down or having some issues this morning {Sunday 9:15am, August 30,2020}, I got a "time out warning" every time I tried to access the link, then tried some links I have saved that I know work, same issue.   Surprised the forum is up and running, but maybe the forum isn't connected to the main site like the other areas are?

I suspect the LOR site is reall more than 1 server (and location). The FavIcon for the store is Yahoo (store server), these forums (?). I suspect the LOR site is really some server in a CoLo's rack (I don't think LOR is big enough to have their own cage .

(You might tell, I have spent some time in various server farm sites. 'Racking and Stacking')

Working for me now - about 4 hours after you were trying.  Based on some prior discussion, my recollection is that the main website, the store, and the forum are all hosted somewhere else and all three are in different locations (or at least different servers).

Thanks guys, just wanted to be sure it wasn't something on my end due to some upgrade or "downgrade", since I had to go back to an even older system than I was originally using for the time being.

On 8/22/2020 at 4:54 PM, scodavis said:

I just see no need for 1000K. With all of my pixies, bunches of them, I have never had a problem controlling any props. From matrix'a, ccr trees, 360 trees, circles and faces no lagging issues. Where it will be an issue is trying to use to may pixels per network, even if ran at 1000K this is not a good idea.

I keep mine to between 16 and 18000 pixels per network. 

JR

• The topic was locked