Light-O-Rama Forums

JR Dibble And James Morris and Their sequences

gernergang

10 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

As long as the requester posts something to the affect that " I understand I will not share or sell this sequence. I understand adding it to my sequence or modifying it does not make it my work to share or sell".

That should be enough.

For those that request prior, you can post that, Copy paste is ok.

We will be adding it to the threads as people request so they can copy paste.

Thank you and don't lose any sleep over this on our account. 

The PM's are only for special requests that are not in our sharing threads. Everyone will just go on as normal and post that within their request.

JR

im still lost on how people think that just because they added/ edited their portion IE house lights or arch or whatever to it they think its a whole new sequence. It is still your faces that part of the sequence which you put your time into has not changed unless they are redoing every little thing which may as well start a new one it is not theirs to share.  

2 hours ago, DougP said:

I would state who is selling your stuff so that the rest of us know who it is.

I was going to ask @dibblejr to PM me a list of forum names as I felt he didn't want to name/shame publicly. These are people that I don't want to be assisting directly with any tips/tricks I may have run across while using the software and making my own props. My shows aren't anything great, but I have put some significant time in and found out many things (sometimes repeatedly smashing my head into a wall knowing something isn't working that should), and I enjoy keeping others from doing the same if I am able to help here.

8 hours ago, DougP said:

This time it wasn’t selling. The last 2 were selling- last year and I did call them out., in their post after I found them on eBay.

This time it is sharing and then taking credit for the work. 

I sent them PM’s and warned next time I will post behind them.

I don’t understand why in the other place people even think it’s debatable heather they can copy paste and call it their work to openly share.

The reason I even bother to post the no sharing Ect in my threads is to attemp to keep them off eBay Ect. Others don’t know how to sequence let alone know who the sellers are.

Lets keep the free ones free, folks.

Please

JR

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DougP said:

Totally agree !!

On 10/24/2019 at 2:58 PM, Rockhammer53 said:

Totally agree !!

Its just not who we are without a warning first. Once a PM is sent then its game on.

JR

Certainly give a warning first...it gets more difficult to be a nice guy these days.

I have so many sequences both self generated and from others (about 200 total) since 2013, I have a difficult time telling which is which because they are so co-mingled...hence, I don't share, just being a 70yo grumpy butt. <grin>

Edited by Rockhammer53
additional comment

I stay away from Ebay for sequences.   I have bought a couple from Holidaysequences.com,  and then found people selling the very same sequences on ebay.   Have also noticed private ebay sellers selling the same sequences, with them all claiming they are "original", and warning against reselling.   Buy them from there just seems sketchy, and a lot of the sellers seem less than honest.  I have never shared a sequence that someone has shared with me, because I simply view it as not mine to share.  Sorry this happened to the two of you.   Guess there are bad people in all walks of life.

Edited by Dcroc
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dcroc said:

I stay away from Ebay for sequences.   I have bought a couple from Holidaysequences.com,  and then found people selling the very same sequences on ebay.   Have also noticed private ebay sellers selling the same sequences, with them all claiming they are "original", and warning against reselling.   Buy them from there just seems sketchy, and a lot of the sellers seem less than honest.  I have never shared a sequence that someone has shared with me, because I simply view it as not mine to sell.  Sorry this happened to the two of you.   Guess there are bad people in all walks of life.

Yes, anyone selling a sequence of any kind for a few measly dollars certainly doesn’t have much time, if any invested in to creating it.

One person last year still had my animation, my sequence info, the works. Got them from me put them on eBay, then posted here basically giving himself away.      His eBay list had his YouTube videos and within that had the LOR user name.

Of course LOR, Paypal and EBay helped me.

That was the time I decided to not share Dropbox any longer as well as no more pm replies for sequences.

Now it’s come to this and no new stuff will be produced and freely shared.

The first thing I always hear when I find one being shared or sold- every time. “I forgot it was in that sequence”.

I tell you I know every sequence that someone has shared with me and have never forgotten, as a matter of fact , never shared any ones sequence without their permission.

That excuse got old the first two times.

I don’t take that excuse, I simply state don’t ask me or on the forums because I will post on any thread what you did. 

I forgot I had an hour into copy pasting a shared sequence in to my config but the producer has many more hours than that.

I did give the one person selling kudos though. When I called him out in public and reported him to LOR, he didn’t lie, he was honest about it.

JR

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am in year one, I was clueless, got in over my head. And JR and James jumped in my sinking boat and started to dump water by the bucket to help me out and let me get a show up.

"All I want for Christmas" is for people to "Git up" off their butts and be decent people.  "Its the most wonderful time of the year" for many of us,  and JR and James make sure that happens for us and our viewers.  "So this is Christmas" in 2019, where a simple request to not be a "Mean one Mr Grinch", cannot be followed.   For those not following rules, Your soul is an appalling dump heap
overflowing with the most disgraceful assortment of deplorable rubbish imaginable.

Now that most of us are up and running, I throw out the question.."Do you wanna build a snowman?"

Every song mentioned had a sequence that was donated by JR and James, thanks guys and "Happy Christmas,  the War is over"...We hope!

Thanks again and sorry it keeps having to come to this....

Brian

Edited by Golfer

5 hours ago, Golfer said:

I am in year one, I was clueless, got in over my head. And JR and James jumped in my sinking boat and started to dump water by the bucket to help me out and let me get a show up.

"All I want for Christmas" is for people to "Git up" off their butts and be decent people.  "Its the most wonderful time of the year" for many of us,  and JR and James make sure that happens for us and our viewers.  "So this is Christmas" in 2019, where a simple request to not be a "Mean one Mr Grinch", cannot be followed.   For those not following rules, Your soul is an appalling dump heap
overflowing with the most disgraceful assortment of deplorable rubbish imaginable.

Now that most of us are up and running, I throw out the question.."Do you wanna build a snowman?"

Every song mentioned had a sequence that was donated by JR and James, thanks guys and "Happy Christmas,  the War is over"...We hope!

Thanks again and sorry it keeps having to come to this....

Brian

Brian I have to agree with you These two men have been great friends to all of us and as the same as you MY show would not be as great as it is with out them. I put on a show for 1700 Boy Scouts and leaders this past April and 80 % of the faces were JRs Some I bought years ago before knowing JR. By the way the SHOW ROCKED . For some reason they wanted Let it Go ????? Here is a preshow clip 

This could not be be better worded from those who have commented! My show has been lifted to a whole new level thanks to these generous men. I hope I can learn to sequence to a fraction of their level so I can in some small way give  back!

Thank you both and have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Shayne

Yes, hats off to both of them, Merry Christmas to you and your families for helping me bring cheer to my neighborhood 

James Renken

• 2 months later...
  • The topic was locked