Light-O-Rama Forums

Dying Pixels??

DisneyMatt10

18 minutes ago, Ebuechner said:

Make them fit by any means possible. 

I can think of a few radical Solutions:D.

Wood chipper, blender, heavy duty paper shredder, 10 ton press. 

By sending a small box he set the goal. 

I like the way you think!!

On 10/28/2017 at 6:21 AM, caniac said:

More of my HC pixel strips are failing!!  This ain't good. :(

Sorry to hear that!! :(

After replacing most of our strips, we found MORE failures yesterday when the Halloween show started. Ugh. So tired of this. Issues we just fixed are already failing again. . . I really just hope we can limp through this season. . . 

But still not sure if HC nodes will be any better. . . They will just be easier to replace.  :unsure:

1 hour ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

But still not sure if HC nodes will be any better. . . 

Why would you even take that chance?

3 hours ago, George Simmons said:

Why would you even take that chance?

Because I need something better, and not sure what other options I have... (Still rather new to this)

5 minutes ago, BMurray said:

I have HC nodes and strips and controllers and power supplies now in their 3rd season with NO problems at all....

Lucky!! ;)

How/Where do you store yours??

We were storing our strips in the attic in the off season, and we are wondering if the intense heat was too much for them, and maybe that is what caused the massive amounts of failures?? 

Most people that I have talked to over the years (even before getting my own show going) Had very LITTLE issues with HC... So I'm wondering if it's something we did wrong??

11 hours ago, BMurray said:

I have HC nodes and strips and controllers and power supplies now in their 3rd season with NO problems at all....

mine from prior to last year are doing fine too but I made big purchases last year (or at least for me they were big).

I have some HC strips permanently mounted to my eaves outside 365 and this is their 5th year with no issues. I also have 11 removeable window frames with strips mounted that get stored in the basement also in their 5th year with no issues. The lights on the eaves are starting to yellow and will be replaced next summer but other then that no issues, must be a roll of the dice.

28 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I have some HC strips permanently mounted to my eaves outside 365 and this is their 5th year with no issues. I also have 11 removeable window frames with strips mounted that get stored in the basement also in their 5th year with no issues. The lights on the eaves are starting to yellow and will be replaced next summer but other then that no issues, must be a roll of the dice.

How much of that was purchased last year?

1 minute ago, caniac said:

How much of that was purchased last year?

All of my strips were purchased and installed in 2013 so this is the 5th year in use.

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

All of my strips were purchased and installed in 2013 so this is the 5th year in use.

Everyone has had mostly good luck with HC, it's what they sold last year that seems to be the issue.  Don't know if it is a quality issue or they used a different supplier.  I have stuff three and four years old that works fine, my only issue is with last years stuff.

2 minutes ago, caniac said:

Everyone has had mostly good luck with HC, it's what they sold last year that seems to be the issue.  Don't know if it is a quality issue or they used a different supplier.  I have stuff three and four years old that works fine, my only issue is with last years stuff.

Probably a bad batch, I did purchase 600 pixa bulbs and about 1200 bullets from them last year with no failures but then again the failures may be related to just strips.

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

Probably a bad batch, I did purchase 600 pixa bulbs and about 1200 bullets from them last year with no failures but then again the failures may be related to just strips.

so far they are related to the strips.

Just now, caniac said:

so far they are related to the strips.

All the lights I purchased this year came from DIYLed and HLE. HC has always had a bad warranty on their products and charged for support. This year they started charging for warraties so I have moved away from them.

12 hours ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

Lucky!! ;)

How/Where do you store yours??

We were storing our strips in the attic in the off season, and we are wondering if the intense heat was too much for them, and maybe that is what caused the massive amounts of failures?? 

Most people that I have talked to over the years (even before getting my own show going) Had very LITTLE issues with HC... So I'm wondering if it's something we did wrong??

Currently my house outline strips are attached to EMT conduit with zip ties and stored on my garage rafters. My tree strips are rolled up and placed in the storage bags they had come in and stored outside in a shed in a storage bin. Everything else is also put away in bins and stored outside in my shed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BMurray said:

Currently my house outline strips are attached to EMT conduit with zip ties and stored on my garage rafters. My tree strips are rolled up and placed in the storage bags they had come in and stored outside in a shed in a storage bin. Everything else is also put away in bins and stored outside in my shed. 

Well, at least that rules out a heat related issue!! (I was really just grasping for straws at that point)

Maybe I just got really unlucky!!! We shall keep on keeping on though! Gotta light up the Holidays!