Light-O-Rama Forums
DisneyMatt10

Dying Pixels??

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

All of my strips were purchased and installed in 2013 so this is the 5th year in use.

Everyone has had mostly good luck with HC, it's what they sold last year that seems to be the issue.  Don't know if it is a quality issue or they used a different supplier.  I have stuff three and four years old that works fine, my only issue is with last years stuff.

2 minutes ago, caniac said:

Everyone has had mostly good luck with HC, it's what they sold last year that seems to be the issue.  Don't know if it is a quality issue or they used a different supplier.  I have stuff three and four years old that works fine, my only issue is with last years stuff.

Probably a bad batch, I did purchase 600 pixa bulbs and about 1200 bullets from them last year with no failures but then again the failures may be related to just strips.

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

Probably a bad batch, I did purchase 600 pixa bulbs and about 1200 bullets from them last year with no failures but then again the failures may be related to just strips.

so far they are related to the strips.

Just now, caniac said:

so far they are related to the strips.

All the lights I purchased this year came from DIYLed and HLE. HC has always had a bad warranty on their products and charged for support. This year they started charging for warraties so I have moved away from them.

12 hours ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

Lucky!! ;)

How/Where do you store yours??

We were storing our strips in the attic in the off season, and we are wondering if the intense heat was too much for them, and maybe that is what caused the massive amounts of failures?? 

Most people that I have talked to over the years (even before getting my own show going) Had very LITTLE issues with HC... So I'm wondering if it's something we did wrong??

Currently my house outline strips are attached to EMT conduit with zip ties and stored on my garage rafters. My tree strips are rolled up and placed in the storage bags they had come in and stored outside in a shed in a storage bin. Everything else is also put away in bins and stored outside in my shed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BMurray said:

Currently my house outline strips are attached to EMT conduit with zip ties and stored on my garage rafters. My tree strips are rolled up and placed in the storage bags they had come in and stored outside in a shed in a storage bin. Everything else is also put away in bins and stored outside in my shed. 

Well, at least that rules out a heat related issue!! (I was really just grasping for straws at that point)

Maybe I just got really unlucky!!! We shall keep on keeping on though! Gotta light up the Holidays!