8 members have voted

1. 1. Pick which date works for you

• April 1rst
    • April 8th
    • April 15th
    • April 22nd
    • April 29th

On 3/26/2017 at 7:50 PM, dibblejr said:

I am just surprised he has lived this long without water, its hot in the attic.

Maybe you have a leak in the attic. :) (hope not though)

23 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Maybe you have a leak in the attic. :) (hope not though)

Nope, no leak. He has an accomplice! I tried to rescue him a lil while ago with a fish net and a 40' extension however the fish net wont fit between the wall studs. 4o' pole wont evn reach to the bottom and he hides.

The bed sheets get caught on nails and have not made it all the way down even if knotted almost all the way up. I think he is doomed. If I had an old horse hair rope. He's been in there a week and a day now still kicking.

Every now and then he rolls a pecan from the tree I cut down. Just now I go up and a second squirrel was dropping him a nut. At least I heard it hit the floor and the 2nd squirrel didn't go very far away. Almost like he knew I was trying to save his friend. (rubber necking)

SO tomorrow I will possibly lower one of the small trees, if I can get it in the attic. That's my last attempt. Nothing more I can do. I think the nutts are providing him with enough water to keep him alive. Perhaps hes too weak to climb up anything.

I thought about buying 50' of my good commercial shop vac hose and suck him up or at least clean the floor so he has nothing to hide in. Right now a lot of that blow in insulation in the bottom. 50' of that is probably the same price of 2 AC controllers.

57 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Buy the controllers. The smell will go away in a few years. Lol

Ive had the small flying squirrels die in the same exact hole but he's a big one. Maybe the walls will keep out the smell.

My previous house had a huge snake copperhead in it, It was the scariest thing. I was cleaning the gas logs in the fireplace and I noticed what appeared to be the fire resistant cover on gas lines, however I didn't recall it the previous year. I turned my back for one second to get the butcher knife and he was gone. That fireplace was right next to my tv and shocking I never saw him get in or lying there.

I and the wife could not get over it, our sone was two months old. We moved out and sold the house for a loss.

I don't scare easily but it was nerve racking. Couldn't sleep, had to turn every light on if I had to take a leak in the night. Never knowing where the snake was.

Way off topic... sorry

Back to topic...

Hey Tom,

I was just reading the agenda for the TRI-STATE (Jersey mini). Dan has one agenda item that just makes a tremendous amount of since. I'm sure you've already covered it, by just to be sure, here's his best agenda point:

There will also be provided space for those that simply like to sit around an BS all day!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

Back to topic...

Hey Tom,

I was just reading the agenda for the TRI-STATE (Jersey mini). Dan has one agenda item that just makes a tremendous amount of since. I'm sure you've already covered it, by just to be sure, here's his best agenda point:

There will also be provided space for those that simply like to sit around an BS all day!

Nope cant have that. OKC is wide open from what ive heard! LOL

• Like 1

I will have the bathroom cleared out and used as a sitting room :) .

Edited by Santas Helper
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Okay, I was just kidding.

On a serious note, Daniel has forwarded a good idea from another mini. To make sure we have a space setup for us to sit around and chat (BS).

So I'll be sure to have a central location provided for us to sit and chat.

As we put together minis or events, we learn from others as I would hope others would learn from us. That's what we as the LOR community is about. Sharing and learning.

And one thing I should have pointed out in the original post, our mini will be free-lance with no schedule. That's the way we have always done it since the beginning because that's what people in our group have preferred in the past. Some may show up at different times or leave at different times so we want to make sure everybody gets the same chance to see/experience everything at their own pace. This way nobody will miss anything. If we feel a scheduled format is better in the future, let's discuss it in our closeout/debrief.

I'm always open to new ideas/suggestions.

Thank you Daniel for bringing that suggestion forward.

Tom

Edited by Santas Helper

31 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

I'm outta likes again - quoting and to say "exactly".

Just now, Mega Arch said:

I'm outta likes again - quoting and to say "exactly".

You and your Likes. :) 

Just looking at the long range forecast for the day of the mini as it sits right now, 81 degrees with a 3% chance of rain and light winds.

5 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Just looking at the long range forecast for the day of the mini as it sits right now, 81 degrees with a 3% chance of rain and light winds.

is there a "no speedo's or man thongs" rule?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Whoa, slow your roll Chet!

JR

It's gonna be 80ish, might require a certain level of comfort!! :)

Plus it could double as squirrel repellent!! 

Edited by caniac

35 minutes ago, caniac said:

It's gonna be 80ish, might require a certain level of comfort!! :)

Plus it could double as squirrel repellent!! 

ScreenShot6732_zps9fbkf7om.jpg

6 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

ScreenShot6732_zps9fbkf7om.jpg

the shoes are a bit over the top.   Is that you in the plaid shorts and black socks?

/\ /\ /\

Swimming Fins, that's one of my favorite movies ! I am sure almost everyone of us knows this movie, maybe not the youngsters though.