Light-O-Rama Forums

new to the lightorama family !

bostonchris81

your getting products mixed up showtime runs without a computer the ez linkers (ells )   are wireless connections between controllers

Depending on how you are using the ELLs, they connect to your computer, and yes then you controllers. You can set them up to go from controller to controller to extend out your LOR network

you may be right ! My original question was, I wanted an opinion on what to get next, so far i have 1-16 channel and a czh-05b transmitter .I would like more channels but also want something so I don't have to run shows off of my laptop when the weather gets bad.so I was thinking about getting another 16 channel and the mini director ,does that seem like the best way to go to get what i need?

I started with the mini director 2 years ago and have been very pleased with it.  I'm upgrading to the regular show director this year for extra capabilities.  but the mini director is a good starter.  I would suggest considering either the mini or the regular show director, depending on your budget and your future expansions if you don't want to use your computer at this time.

Just ordered another 16 channels and a mini director ! Yay ! I can see how this can get to be addicting real fast lol !

.......my wife thinks i'm nuts already with this stuff....

Ask her what her favorite Christmas song is and then be sure to include it in your show. Then she'll be "nuts" too as when family and friends start commenting how awesome it is - well, it's "both" of yours show. You might let us know the song as someone on this forum probably will share it to you to help get you "both" going. When she buys into the gig with you - well, it's easier next year when you double down again...

Happy wife - happy life.

this is very true mega ! I will definatley look into her favorite song . As long as she doesnt see my paypal bill I should be good lol !

2nd 16 channel unit and mini director arrived today !!! and spare LOR weather proof box for transmitter and mini director just need to figure out how to mount them securely in the box !

this is very true mega ! I will definatley look into her favorite song . As long as she doesnt see my paypal bill I should be good lol !

LOL!!! If my wife knew of my PayPal account she would make ME a part of the display. But, I did make her happy by including some Disney song's in the display :-) Edited by BMurray

you have no clue lol my wife thinks i'm nuts already with this stuff !

But I love it !

Can't even tell you how may times shes called me crazy

my kitchen is cluttered with halloween stuff wife still hasnt said anything lol, halloween can't come soon enough ! My dodgs don't like it either !

Welcome to the insanity.  This hobby can get real expensive real quickly.   You have 72 days until Blinky Flashy Friday.  So do not get over whelmed and just throw money at the problem.  It is better to start slow since you got started "late" and build with thought in mind.     In my case I purchased an Input Pup for $40 + S&H, then found out about the CTBxx Input Connector Gen3.  for $7.95 + S&H and bought one of them.  ONLY after I bought the G3-MP3 Director to find it has inputs built into it.   In short..... slow down and breath.  This can get out of hand very quickly and be time consuming..... the GF informed me that I missed her birthday last week.  My reply was "OK" .    Ask for help, there are a lot of folks here who helped me this year.  There are lots of free sequences out there for use or learning.  Most of all keep it fun. 

Paul what is this input pup that you speak of ? And the ctbxx input connector ? Is this something I need ? I appreciate all the information !! If I ever missed my wife's birthday she would kick my ass lol !!

Most importantly I do not have a wife.  I can spend money myself.    An Input Pup lets people push buttons and that might make a certain part of the display light up.  OR you might have a pressure activated matt and when someone steps on it the whole show will start.  It could be a motion detector that makes a tree strobe.    Your first year or your 20th you do not NEED them but they do let others actually participate in your display.  Baby steps grass hopper.    OH and my ex wife said we would be divorced if I had a display........ don't make me choose.  LOL

those sound like a good addition for a display , i will have to look into them !! thanks for the info .

LOL on the ex-wife !!

luckly my wife is ok with my hobby thus far , when christmas comes that may change lol more $$$$ more problems !