Light-O-Rama Forums

new to the lightorama family !

bostonchris81

Ask her what her favorite Christmas song is and then be sure to include it in your show. 

Happy wife - happy life.

Well my wife gets a Birthday song since her birthday is just before Christmas & I have her Christmas song in my show called "Do You Hear What I hear" in a 16 ccr tree sequence that I made that I may never use this year if I don't find the time to complete the tree frame. It is now cooler here, raining & in parts of Alberta it has been snowing. 

Happy Wife - Happy Life might not happen this year. :)

Edited by lightzilla

You are going to like that CZH-05B transmitter.  I have that same one.  It gets out about 1/2 mile all around in the neighborhood with just the stock antenna.  I set it up at half volume, seems to distort at anything over half volume.

Edited by Paul L Johnson

I set it up at half volume, seems to distort at anything over half volume but it still gets out about 1/2 miles.

Changing the volume doesn't change the distance. Just throwing that out there.

hey guys I made a couple 3/4" PVC window frames last night ,they came out pretty good ,I found out how to make them from another thread on here ! lots of great ideas here , love it !! how many sets of light does everyone typically put on their window frames ? I have only used one 50 ct orange and one 50ct purple .

thanks again !

Just think what you want to do.. One guy around by my place does 4 at christmas. white/red/blue/multi.. but halloween  maybe orange/ purple and red around the same window so he can change the color when you want.  just remember if you do that its three channels one for each color. 

I think next year RGB is gonna be the way to go for my windows and roof lines

Yeah I was looking for red but all i can find is orange and purple , that may be all I use this halloween .so if I do 3 windows with 2 colors each thats 6 channels total just for the window frames right ?

RGB looks great but it is kind of pricy isn't it ???

Yeah I was looking for red but all i can find is orange and purple , that may be all I use this halloween .so if I do 3 windows with 2 colors each thats 6 channels total just for the window frames right ?

RGB looks great but it is kind of pricy isn't it ???

True RGB is pricy but if you're using incans, the rgb leds will save you money on your electric bill.  (and supposedly should last longer than incans).

I'm sure its been covered already but will do so in a simple sense:

RGB come in two flavors as such

Dumb and Intelligent.

Dumb, you control the entire string/strip to any color you wish but all one color. A controller like LOR's CMB24D will do this easily.

Intelligent, you control each pixel or node along the string. Each pixel/node can be a different color. A controller for E1.31 or LOR's Pixcon16 and similar is what's needed. 

I realized today that I should've started prepping for Christmas already lol just hit me once Halloween is done I should be putting up my xmas stuff and I haven't even started thinking about it yet . I'm new to the LOR scene and have but the last month working on Halloween and getting excited for it and then that moment when you realize how much time you don't have till Christmas hits you ...............and you say ohhhhhhh sh*t !!!!

That just happened !!

...that moment when you realize how much time you don't have till Christmas hits you ...

65 days 'til Christmas lights on.

Started prepping for it Jan 1, 2015 and still I'm stressing to get it all done.

I'll guess that most do similar to what I do but can't promise. Normally I, put up Halloween at least a week before, depending on the complexity of course. The day after Halloween, it all comes down and the following day, we start putting up Christmas. For me, it takes a week or week and a day to put up Christmas. Some guys are already starting due to the size or complexity involved. By the middle of November, I'm doing my individual circuit testing to insure everything works as planned and solving any remaining issues. At this time, I'll then do special invites of family, friends and so on, for shorter special shows. I go "live" Thanksgiving night at 5:30Pm precisely. This allows any neighborhood families doing Thanksgiving together, to come and watch first light up too!

Thats awesome sounds like you may be starting some family traditions with you light show !

I can't wait to get me xmas stuff up .Have no clue what i'm putting up this year though !

I just purchased a few tomato cages left over at home depot for mini trees now i'm looking for any type of thread on how to wire them up with LED's,like what colors,how many sets of that color ,how to run them ect.LOts of fun stuff!!

Tomato cages are easy, just wrap with a couple strings of lights and connect to an AC controller channel then sequence as desired. Just know that they are notorious for creating GFCI faults when it rains.